This seem's messed up

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_p

Small, MI USA

Post Number: 11
I just got my new sub's and the spec sheet seem's off. Say's SEALED-55L PORTED-38L. Shouldn't a ported box be larger than a sealed.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5763
it all depends man...the sub may have a loose suspension, or isn't mechanically suited for ported...so they use a smaller enclosure to "tighten" the repsonse

i know the CVX or CVR...forget which one also recommends a smaller ported enclosure over sealed...so i dunno man.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1296
yes it should. what sub is it. someone can prolly look it up and find the real specs for it. or email the company on there website.

Bronze Member

Small, MI USA

Post Number: 13
I have tried e-mailing the company,no responce. I am useing spec's that came in the owner's manule. I found a on line store that show the spec's flip floped.

Bronze Member

Small, MI USA

Post Number: 14
I would rather not tell you the brand,there not very liked on this fourm,or any I have found. The sub's suspension is very stiff. The sub's VAS is 44L.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5764
hmmm. i dunno then...but to add to my post up there...even though Stillwater Designs(kicker) rec's a smaller box for the CVX® it still shines in alrger ported enclosures.....just tell us the sub...and we can give you a general box volume to use.:-)

Bronze Member

Small, MI USA

Post Number: 17
Volfenhag ZX-4812DVX fs=26hz QTS=.5016 QES=.5390 QMS=7.2317 VAS=44L SD(piston surface area)=.0452 RE(DC resistance)=3.2 ohm per voice coil
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us