In Need Of Wiring Help!

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 389
Hey guys, I currently picked up a 1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera and I am replacing the stereo with a Pioneer Head Unit. The adaptor that came with the Head Unit wouldn't work with the factory wires so I had to cut and splice them together. I already know I have all the speaker wires all connected correctly, but im having trouble with the power wire. When I start the car, it doesn't turn on.

Im thinking that the wire I connected the power wire to wasn't the right one but, im not sure. The factory wires were alittle different which kindof threw me off. Ive got the red wire to the red wire, yellow to yellow and black to black but the next wire is like, tan, and I don't know if that's the factory power wire or not. There are also two other wires which are orange and brown that arn't being used.

Does anyone know which factory wire is the power wire or maybe what could be wrong with what im doing?

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 252
Joe Spose: before read some Joke.

A peniss said to the balls,"Get ready.We are going to a party".
________"You Focking liar," the balls said."You always get in and leave us outside."

well,this is your schema:
application/x-zip-compressedUpload
1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera.zip (16.5 k)

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 391
Thanks for the diagram, I guess I put the power wire to the interior light wire :/

Where did you get this diagram anyway? Ive searched all over the internet but, found nothing.

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 254
I am a one of the owners Delco electronic INC ,we make all the radios and sensors for GM,Toyota,Mitsubishi and some of Nissan...
do you liked my Joke?

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 858
hehehe

it wasent bad

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 256
hey Joseph,wass up!

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 859
watz good

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 393
Ya, I like your joke.

That's a cool job. How or what did you study to be able to do that?

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 257
US Navy,the electronic spion/lesten devices,GPS and Navigation,all together:
Satellite Radio Communications Research Unit.
cool ah
Go army! You will be rich later!

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 395
Ok, I used the diagram that you gave me to connect all the wires. I went to see if it would turn on and it didn't. I found a fuse box in the glove compartment and one fuse was blown, so I replaced it and still it doesn't turn on. I searched for another fuse box under the hood and under the dash but, there was nothing in the hood that I could find and I found a factory amplifier under the dash.

I know that factory amplifiers prevent your speakers from working when you install an aftermarket Head Unit but, could it also be preventing my Head Unit from turning on?

Does anyone else know if theres another fuse box in a 1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera where there could be another fuse blown?

Username: Blackshaggy

Post Number: 1
need wiring diagram for 95 cadillac seville w/ bose

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 268
and I found a factory amplifier under the dash

Joe...this is BS,there is no oem AMP at this model .
Try to connect straight to the battery,if the HU does not working,throw it to the garbage

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 396
"this is BS,there is no oem AMP at this model"

lol, ya I found out once I read it's label that it's not a factory amp. It's some box that controls the whole electrical system in the car. I unpluged some wires and I wasn't able to start my car! But I plugged them back in and now it runs :-).

Anyways, I figured out that I had two wires reversed, the constant and switched power wires. I switched the wires and it runs fine now also :-)

Now the question is, is what do I do with the factory stereo? Along with all the other factory stereo's ive pulled out of cars?

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 279
It's some box that controls the whole electrical system in the car.
this is BCM/body control module/.

what do I do with the factory stereo?...you can sell it....e-bay...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us