Amp Suggestion for my Eclipse TI

Bronze Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 40
So i have a Eclipse TI Sw9102 (10" dual 4Ohm vc, sealed 1.2cuft box). Currently being powered by a infinity 611A (675Watts). now i believe this sub can take much more then what i am giving it, but i am unsure how much it can take thus i come here for some help.

Any suggestions on how much power and maybe a matching amp? lookin for something below $250 and not long in size as the place i want to mount it has not too much length. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks allot.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 845
http://www.eclipse-web.com/sw9100/sw9102.html

this might help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
yeah i know that says 750rms, but like some of the other info there it could be wrong.

More or less looking for someone that has put more then say 750 to a TI and if it handles it.

I am still torn if i want to increase power or not. just toying with the idea kinda.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 851
i know the ti will take more then 750, it will take the 1500 it says u just gotta be careful but i think 1000 watts would be ideal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
I would like to keep the amp infinity just because i have already mounted the remote nob, but also I have 2 other infinity amps that are running the rest of the car's sound and it would look nice to have all infinity. but not necessary.

My only infinity choice is the 1211A which is 1300rms at 2Ohms. As infinity is not a top of the line setup i would expect that number to be inflated a bit but not sure by how much. might it be safe?

Suggestions still welcome. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1241
I think infinity puts out the real wattage it is rated for, or pretty close. I know that their RMS ratings are based on 14.4v voltage, which you won't be getting all the time obviosly. In any case, you will still be getting ~1100-1200 wrms. And IMO is too much for a Ti. I personally have a 12" Ti. I think if you get something that does 900-1000 wrms would be good. Look at this:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=44

The NINe.1 does 900wrms @ 2 ohms, and rated @ 12.5 volts. Since you should be getting a pretty solid 13.8v most of the time that puts you in the good 950-1000 wmrs range. Which should be ideal for your sub. Remember that the Ti is only rated for 750 wrms. Don't try to push it too much.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
That does look like an awesome amp, the only thing is the price is a bit high for what i am lookin for.

Thanks for the suggestion.

anyone got any more?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1243
I think that maybe you should just save up some more money before you try to buy another amp for your sub. Trust me it is worth the wait to save up for something good. 250 is pretty low for the ammount of power that you are looking for. See how much you can get for your current amp and add that to your budget. I think that there is a lot of people on here that will agree with me and suggest the same thing.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2259
mtx 801d or 1501d, 801d does 500wrms@12volts so in car you'll get about 700wrms from it or get the 1501d it does 1000wrms@12volts so in car you'll get around 1200-1300wrms from it, its up to you which you go with, theres a guy on here that has a rf x7 to his ti, and thats a 1500wrms amp. so im sure it could take 1000wrms+. look on ebay they go very cheap there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
so yeah... im thinkin i dont really need a more powerful amp i should just work on the rest of the stereo setup and get it done before upgrading.

Thanks for the help you have given me a good reference point for later in life.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1248
No problem man, I am glad I could help you. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us