Total Estimate Of Sound System

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 120
Well this is somewhat of an Estimate of my upcoming car audio system.

2 HD315s 750
1 RFT4000 or Two MA P3000 1500
High Amp (MA or RF) 300
cdt ES 620 from AlterAudio 650
pioneer 960mp (from Mick) 250
Custom Ported Enclosure 250
4 yellow top batts(170 Each (suggestions? 680
HO ALT (Not Sure How big I need to go) 350

4730 Estimated.

Bad?Good?Okay?

I already Ordered the HD3's and Theres no turning back on this setup. I have to even pay more since I need wires/and probaly a bigger alt or two alts. Whats your input? Any thing you would probaly change? Suggestions are welcome. If you know where I can get better prices for the batteries, amps, or whatever is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 491
get red tops unless you play ur system with the car off alot looks really good i'm so proud of myself startin up this audioque buzz lol

yay me i'm number 1

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 122
No, I play my audio only with my car on. To many bad things have happened with my car off. So red tops are better if your going to run your car? Yellow tops are better when your car is off?

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 123
Oh yeah DOC, did you find out which amp you wanted to use yet? I'm still undecided.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 492
well i think what DJ was sayin about MA amp is that it isnt the best for comps but it should be cool so i think i'm gonna run the MA P3000.1 with my one 15

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 454
maybe i need to look into this brand. whats the webpage for them

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 496
www.audioque.com

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 498
also berny the alt will be more than 350 but if ur lookin to spend that much then it shouldnt be a big deal

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 124
True, I just ordered me some CDT HD-62/M6's two sets. So I got two things checked off my list, whew. I need major help on amps for my components. I need something like 200rms x 2 at 4ohms. EDNINe 2x has one but are they good? And I would prefer to have my amps all the same. And is there a different in the sounds of front and back? I know there is for left and right.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4115
If you have the money to spend, get the yellow top. It's intended for vehicles with high current draw. The red is still much better than any regular brand battery, but your spending 4k on your system. Spend the extra 50 bucks and get the Yellow top.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2359
get a red top for the starter battery and yellow tops for the ones n the trunk or whereever your putting them and bt want to send me some money lol

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 852
4 batteries

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4127
= not necessary.

You could go with a red top for starting and a dedicated yellow for your system. Optima batteries are completely sealed, so you could mount it somewhere in your trunk without worrying about fumes.

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 368
DRSMITHHD3, The best amp I personally can recommend for a single HD3 is the RF T20001BD, you can purchase a refurb. from ebay for $600. As for you Berny, I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into. 2k watts is loud, but 4500 could hurt you, especially on effiecient motors such as the AQ's. Good luck, keep us updated.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 130
Yeah I just came back from ROE watching some videos of the DD9515's because the HD315s compare to them must closer and HD315's is what I'm getting. After watching a Video of two DD9515's powered by one 2500RMS orion amp, I GOT THE CHILLS!!! I thought to myself, damn this is probaly too much. But would it be okay for my just to turn the bass down and slow increase it on my HU when I get used to the old config. Would that be safe or not? But I will have to see still. I will keep everyone updated as time goes by.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us