Last ot question....

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 372
what do you guys think about the 30gb ipod? do any of you hook it up to your system?

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 694
Ipod are cool but I have a few problems with them. I HATE ITUNES, not only does it use a lot of RAM on my computer it is really annoying. Also I don't see why someone would need 30 gb of space unless there into storing movies but personally I use them for photos and music and 4 gb is enough for me.

No I haven't hooked it up to my system but I will soon, thats definetley a plus to the ipod

Bronze Member
Username: Justinsane110

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 29
The ipod interface was by far the best thing I think I had done to my system. I do a lot of driving and change what I'm listening to all the time. I have the 60gb and I think I'm at nearly 5,000 songs so far.

Great investment if you switch CDs a lot while driving.

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 373
bump

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 499
i have the 30 gb and i like it
they scratch even if you breathe on them so i would get some sort of case but i like bein able to put videos and stuff on them

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4119
I have the 30 gig ipod along with a KCA-420i. First off, iTunes is the greatest media player/media library out there, people that hate it are too ignorant to learn to use it correctly.

The ipod it's self is awsome, of course. How could it not be? Being able to hold thousands of songs, all in one teeny little box with a very user friendly interface. Being able to hold whole movies, music videos, shows, etc..., AND the ability to be used like a flash drive. With nothing on it, you could put almost 30 gigs of anything on the ipod and transfer it to another computer.

Now, as for playing it in your car.... I would definitely suggest getting the appropriate adapter for your headunit. I know some interfaces are different than others, and if you have a higher end Alpine it's easier to use, but if you have a middle of the road one, it's kind of a pain. I have a CDA 9830. The problem with it connected to an ipod is, you use the headunit to control the ipod. You don't have a ton of options, such as searching by artist or album, etc. Instead all you do is open the main folder, and then go through every single song alphabetically untill find the one you want. If you have a thousand or so songs, this takes absolutely forever.

My only advice is, before you get in your car, turn on your ipod, and start playing a song from the artist you want to listen to for your trip. When you plug the ipod into the cable connected to your headunit, it starts playing from the last place you were at while using the ipod.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us