Hifonics question

Bronze Member
Username: Luttrell31

Post Number: 33
i have a hifonics brutus 1205 and it was working fine for about a month or 2 and all of the sudden no sound, the amp still lights up it is not in protect mode, gettin curent every where it should but no sound. rcas are good speaker conn. are good, and i have not touched a thing while it was working it just quit. but i noticed the remote bass control was not lighting up anymoe. any clues? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2207
open your amp

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 309
My first TITAN 1005D was like that, but it was defective out of the box and I got a free replacement (and I opt.d for the 3 year square trade warranty)

Anyways, It's something to do with the bass EQ, and the remote bass knob frying one of the resistors in the amp. The amp has an +18dB bass EQ built in, and when the knob is hooked up it adds to that and overloads a resistor.

You should still have some sort of warranty on your amp through MAXXSONICS if you got it from an authroized dealer.. find out and bring it to a local repair shop.

Bronze Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 28
Ever sence MAXXSONIC had any thing to do with hifonics amps they been burning up. Even there so call high end amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Luttrell31

Post Number: 34
ok thanks for the info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us