SO bored of my TYpe R's

Bronze Member
Username: Thugshizz

Long Beach, California

Post Number: 60
Well I had my type R's for almost a year now and I growned bored of them. Dont get me wrong they are probably the best bang for the buck sub out there but I just want to try something new . Well my budget is $500 for two 12' subs total. My amp does 1200 rms x 1 @ 1ohm . I would like to use the same box I have my type R's in because it took me a lot of work and right now with work and school I have no time to build a box. My box by the way is 5 net cubes tune to 30 hz.So what subwoofer that cost -$500 for 2 do you guys recommend . ( I need something that has a lil more output than the type R's and get low. I'm looking for a sql sub . So give me some suggestions , thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 480
Audioque SD2.5 will cost you less then 500 andu could add alot more power to them if u ever wanted to

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 180
u could also try DD 2500's...191 if ur order from dd...muddy says one will take 1200 watts...the email they sent me said they recommend anywhere from 1200 to 1800 for 2 subs...but will take more...

btw they recommend 5 cubic feet for 2 12's

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 482
practically the same sub the owner of AQ is the father of the owner DD and he said that they were very similar

Silver Member

Iowa US

Post Number: 181
so pretty much ud be buying the name...lol:-)

either way itd be a noooicce setup

both great subs

Bronze Member
Username: Thugshizz

Long Beach, California

Post Number: 61
ANy of you had any experience with the RL-P? I have heard nothing but good things about these subs.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 484
^^^^ yep

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 411
DD2500 cannot take 1200wattsrms no way i had my kicker amp2500.1 with 2 10"dd2500's and the gain at half way and one blew so theres no way one dd can handle 1200watts!

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 874
what^^^^ you must of clipped them to death or somthing...

Silver Member

Iowa US

Post Number: 183
yeah man...okay...let me rephrase...1200 CLEAN watts...and that amp is underrated

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 485
^^^ lol that is correct shawn

SUB ABUSER!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 119
I had my two Type R 15's for a little over a year now also. Thats why I'm getting me some HD315's =).

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2343
he had it in a box tuned to 75hz and no charging system dont listen to him they can take 1200 each just keep it a little low on the am so its not going all out and then u clip them also u need to have a good electrical system and not clip it

clipping=death of anything in car audio

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5703
Andy.....you are an ABUSER.

you have a STOCK ALTERNATOR WITH A YELLOW TOP>>>WTF???

how the hell do yu expect to run an Orion 2500D on a stock electrical system...not only that...your subs were in a 70HZ BOX.

my 10" 2500 takes 900wRMS everyday.....hmmmmmi wonder why?

you were clipping the HELL out of those subs...quit posting STUPID SH1T....byebye:-)

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 318
Put in (2) Diamond D6's in place of your type R's...I did that in my Xcab and have not regretted it since...so much cleaner, more bottom end, and can handle more power than the R's.

Muddy, how do you really feel? LMAO

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 340
Get 2 SI BM series 12's from Low-Hz.com.

They will be a nice step up from the Type R, and you will have a rare sub that not many other people have. Not to mention I am sure you could get a pair for $500 shipped to your door.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5725
as a matter of fact...i just got back from bumping my DD for about 25 minutes......Young Joc, T.I., 2 different Bass Mekanik Albims......fult tilt....no problems...sub's dustcap was warm to say the most...and that is IT.

Showrides...tell me more about the BM...they look veddy veddy nice.:-)

Question...

1 12" or 15" MAG ported....

or

2 10" BMs ported.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5726
let me reprhase....

1 12" MAG ported...

1 15" MAG sealed...

2 10" BM sealed....

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 43
ok if i were you i would go with a soundsplinter rl-p. i just got one and it cost me 277 shipped. it would be a few dollars over your price range but well worth it. theyre amazing. i have mine running at 960 watts rms and it will pound out those lows like crazy. my friend got in and i didnt tell him what i had and played it and he thought i had a 15 haha. it will play incredibly low for a 12 and sound amazing doing it. i love mine.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 526
Andy there is a guy on the DD forum who used a DDZ2 to power a 2500, 4500 watts RMS and it took it you should sell all your equipment and not buy any more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us