GOOD budget amps

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 191
What is the best amp i can get for 200 with shipping to power 2 infinity perfets single 4 ohm wired in paraller for 2 ohms. I was thinking the PG 8.0:1. any other suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1226
I think that is a good choice. I am guessing you need 800 wrms @ 2 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5645
MTX, Hifonics, Xtant, Audiobahn A8002T.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 192
i need 700 rms at 2 ohms but i want a little extra sujt so im not gonna over work my amp

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 193
where can i find the A8002T

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 194
bump for inexpensive good amps

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 195
800 rms @ 2ohms hepl please need cheap$ but quality

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1234
ISAAC, haven't seen you in a while! BTW, how dare you call Xtant a budget amp! lol. Xtant are high quality amps! I know you know that, I am just surprised you typed that!

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 196
please help!!!! i need to buy tommrow

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1237
Look for a Kicker ZX750.1 on ebay. You could probably get one for under 250 shipped.

If that is too much for you, get an Audiobahn A8000T. Can be had for under 150 on ebay. I thoruoughly redommend getting the Kicker though, becuase it is a much better quality built amp than the Audiobahn.

Bronze Member
Username: Spidercoder

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 97
Ill sell you my xtant x1001 for 350.00 shipped

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 483
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Source=googlebase&Pro ductID=13490

Bronze Member

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 98
Your best bet is to get a little paitence i know its hard and save another 150.00 bucks or so and buy a good amp It will be worth it in the long run. Amps arent going anywhere. I know its easier said than done trust me I know. If you had just a litlle mor money so many other doors would open for you. best of Luck. The thing is if you buy a cheap amp now you wont be happy and you cant any money for a used cheap amp. So whenyou go to resell that audionbahn your gonna lose big time.

Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 6
What ever you do don't buy AUDIOBAHN the manufacture put more money in to looks than proformance 40to60 ratio even there so call high end line.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3409
40-60 ratio, where you get ur facts?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2206
mr PHD.. the best guy when it comes to budget amps^^^^ hehe

i'll tell you a few

1-lanzar vibe 1200d/1800d
2-Power acoustik a1000db
3-hifonics 1206d
4-Soundstream PIC 1400.1d
5-directed audio D2400

they're all very very cheap and good for the money

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 197
so pheonix gold isint a good brand then? cuz i almost had a 15.0:1 for a good deal but it fell through. also i hear that the Hifonics 1206d will only put out 700rms at 2 ohms is this true?

Silver Member

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 101
I would save my money if I were you. Just my opinion though I know its hard. i have no exp with the PG amps. If you need to just try one and see how you like it. You know its never gonna be loud enough though right. LOL Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.
Dan

Post Number: 7
I didn't say Pheonix Gold was know good never had any PG products. I said don't buy AUDIOBAHN why would a manufacture make a amp with chrome don't they know chrome holds heat. And heat causes destortion not what you want to see on a amp.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5647
Hey IsaacW, Xtant used to be very good in the past, but I am sure you know this already, MTX bought them out.
Their older amps are still excellent. In fact I have one.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4121
And they are still cheap for some reason!

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 767
PG amps are good. the older the better. with the new octain line i havnt hrd anything bad but just the older amps are built stronger. id definatly take it over the audiobahn

Gold Member

Post Number: 2212
they're all good^^^^^he's a PG owner

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1244
Isaac, they got bought out by MTX but I don't think that their quality went down all that much. I still think they are currently some of the best amps that you can buy. And obviously they used to be hand made in the US. But honestly, what is anymore? Anything amp that is handmade these days is going to cost you a shit ton.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4762

quote:

GOOD budget amps

Oxymoron.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8891
lol so true^^^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Mendon Mafia if you havn't got a amp yet go to SONICELECTRONIX and get the rockford fosgate POWER T3002 $229.99 +shipping it rated at 300RMS but when I got mine the birthsheet says 827RMS no BS I'm slamming the hell out of my kicker solo baric 15" 750RMS.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8896
lol...^^^and thats the reason i dont like RF...they test the amp....they no its a 800 watt amp...but they slap a 300rms sticker on it so people think they are getting over...makes me sick

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Oh yeah the rockford T3002 is not a budget amp it is a great amp if any body tell you different they don't know what they are talking about. If you don't belive me call rockford fosgate.
1-800-366-2349

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Chauncey why don't you like rockford.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 307
Rockford amps make great paperweights :-)

hifonics tx1005D puts out 700 or so @ 2 ohms. I don't care what anyone says, I have one pushing 2 15" Eclipse Aluminum 88150.4 which are rated at 500wrms/1000wmax per sub and they (((POUND))) like crazy.. could be louder, don't get me wrong.. but they hit pretty hard :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Rockford Fosgate punch amps are better than hifonic titan. how much did you pay for that amp. Sooner than later your voice coil are going to fry. And them eclipse aluminum don't come cheap. I would get a different amp very quickly. And theres know way that amp pushes 700RMS maybe PEAK if that true your in a world of troble. The titan is there entry level amp oh may bad everything hifonics is entry level no matter how much they cost. You don't want to put a entry level amp on on those bad azz woofers.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 310
I've had this amp for almost a year now, it's seen 3 different set of subs and I'm going to have to disagree with you when you say it'll blow my voice coils..

Eclipse recommends 500rms per speaker for best performance.. that doesn't mean I need 500 to each sub or else they'll fry.

I know what I'm talking about, why do people always try to "teach" me the same thing? and why am I the only guy that has never had a problem with Hifonics, and has owned the same amp for a year with no trouble? :-)

Anyways, they came easy so if they blow I'll be here looking for a new recommendation, however, they won't blow.. they are extremely efficient woofers and according to a couple of people here they are extremely well built. I've got nothing to worry about.

Last note, I have been looking for another amp, but only because I want to go louder (by louder, I mean I want to knock things off of the shelfs at the grochery store when I pull up next to it).

Joey DeSalvo, which hifonics amp(s) have you or do you currently own?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 198
so should i get the mtx then or pheonix gold or hifonics or what i cant quite afford the kicker and i dont want to even if i could because i have a goal to spend no more than 500 totaland ill i need is the amp and i got 250 left TOTAL thats it and i need at least 700 rms but iwant 800 if possible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
What MTX amp are you talking about.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 199
thats reall hard to beleive that the rockford t3002 really puts out that many watts thats just incredably under rated can any one else confirm this

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 200
i meant to say rockford idk what im talking about disregard the mtx

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 201
o and power acoustik

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
How often do you see a 300 watt RMS amplifier that has 2 40 amp fuses not many at all the norm for a 300 watt RMS amplifier is one 25 to 30 amp fuse. That should tell you it bad azz.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 143
punch 45, 22.5 watts x 2 rms...

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-QhW5Qrhd9z7/reviews/amplifiers/20050712/rock ford_punch45.html?page=3

Gold Member

Post Number: 2229
179% underrated is the rockford t3002

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 202
so i guess im gonna go with the rockford then but why would they advertise so underrated thats just bad marketing.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 204
o but what about power acoustik amps are they any good. they seem very reasonably priced. how do they compare to a hifonics or PG

Gold Member

Post Number: 2237
^^^^^ not all of PA products are good, they're overrated by a ton, BUT their class D line (amps with grey colors) are very good for the money and i say that they can be compared to hifonics BUT not to PG cuz the quality of pg is superior.

I'll put an example, if you need 2k watts and you don't have 400$ to buy a decent quality amp, Power acoustik a3000db would be a better option than hifonics 2006d when it comes to power cuz the hifo will put 1800w and the PA will put 2000-2300w rms.

But after all we pay for quality.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 206
yea. thanx for everyones help. i bought the PG 15:0.1 so as soon as that comes i can finally hook everything up. i will post pics when its done! i hope that my infinitys will sound good though cuz im going with the maunfacture specs for everything except im tuning to 35hz instead of 32. but ill let you all know. and thanx agian everybody

Gold Member

Post Number: 2249
that's a great amp!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Daniel

Is that the 2003 model X1001. If so waht kind of shape is it in. I've got a friend that only uses XTANT and he's looking to upgrade.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us