MA P3000.1

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 434
Is this a good amp, anyone have experience with it? Will it do 3000 wrms or is i over rated ?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5336
whats up doc?

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 436
just tryin to find an amp for my HD3 15
this one looks good for the price but i need to no if its over rated or not

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5337
hopefully someone with experience with that amp will answer your question. i really can't say anything cause i've never heard one.

at least my post will bump your question to the top.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 314
It will give you a solid 3000rms at 2 ohms. I have seen them benched before. It is just 2 massive p1500.1's internally strapped.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 437
ok thanks alot showrides I should be ordering one from Low Hz soon

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 317
sounds cool to me.

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 408
Yeah i heard there subs arnt very good but they know how to make amps.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 269
http://item.express.ebay.com/Vehicle-Parts-Accessories_Car-Electronics_Car-Ampli fiers_MASSIVE-AUDIO-3000-RMS-6000-WATT-AMPLIFIER-AMP-P3000-1_W0QQitemZ3200213077 41QQihZ011QQptdnZCarQ20AmplifiersQQddnZVehicleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadnZ CarQ20ElectronicsQQcmdZExpressItem

Is that a good price? I know nothing about the amp, but saw that when researching it..

Ebay Express #320021307741

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 102
I called AudioQue today and they said that the MA amps were sloppy with their HD3's. Thats what DJ from AQ said, he told me not to get it sooooooooo unless someone else has heard the MA3000 then he may be wrong. I was looking into that amp to but unless someone else says they saw the MA3000 in action then I may also reconsider.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 439
p00p good to know berny i will have to start lookin for somethin else then thanks for the info

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 105
Well were both getting HD3's right haha, So yeah I need to find something to power mines as well. BUT you never know, if you want to confirm it you can call AudioQue yourself and see if someone else besides Dj says anything about them. P00p yeah man I know, I was looking forward to them to, but AQ change my perspective unless someone else can say otherwise.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 440
check this out http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewcat.php?show_thumbnails=1&show_description=1& id=23&car_only=&page=1&manufacturer=13&new_page=1

the T2000 normally are rated at 2800+ wrms at 2 ohm i think thats what i'll get

BTW did DJ mention why they would be sloppy or anything

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 441
^^^oops meant 1 ohm
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/amp_power_output.asp

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 442
also with that amp if you go to Sounddomain.com they have a price match option there and Sounddomain is RF authorized so you get the full warranty at that price

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 107
sounds good, I might just get two of those to power each of my subs. I dont know how underrated the T4000 is though. but say it was actually 4800 then the T2000 is a better deal because I would get 5.6k of power by using two T2000 instead. Thanks for bringing that up. And I might just go ahead and use sounddomain and their price match program.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 443
i highly reccomend it http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=12154&c=0608PriceGra bber&b=Rockford+Fosgate_Power+T20001bd

use that site if they deny the lowest price thing from sonic cuz it is out of stock there and one of there terms is it has to be in stock but its not much more here

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 108
Oh yeah also didnt you get the D4ohm? so you'll be running at 2ohms right? Unless you knew that already. I wish I could find a amp that low in price that can give 4-5k of power at 2ohms. I heard that the higher the ohms the cleaner the sound? hope thats true. But I might just stick with the 1ohm x 1 channel. Also DJ didnt tell me why they got sloppy. He even said, you won't believe this, but he even recommended the Hifonics Colossus over the MA. So he might be wrong, Hifonics Vs MA? I don't know.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 318
AQ said massive amps are sloppy with their subs? What does that mean? If an amp has poor SQ, they will have poor SQ with every sub, not just one. So that makes no sense.

Second, AQ is just run by the nephew of the DD people, who are really in charge of the entire operation. And they reccommend Massive amps all the time. So that really doesn't make any sense.

And as far as prices go, I saw it sold for $525 on ebay, but I know you can get it from Low-Hz for $525 and it will come with a full warranty.

Also, the higher the ohms, the cleaner the sound? That doesn't make any sense it all. Ohms just measures the electrical impendence in a circuit. It has no effect at all on SQ. It will effect how much stress is on the amp, but not SQ.

And any guy who says Hifonics sounds great, and massive doesn't, has never used anything but a Hifonics amp before. Because if he had, he would know that there is MUCH better out there. Hifonics makes budget amps for people who want a lot of power, without paying a lot.

Also, the SAZ-1500d may be a good choice of an amp as well. That amp is just sick, and I picked one up for myself a few weeks ago. It may be a good choice depending on what you will be wiring your sub down to. Here is a link to it.

http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=66

You could get a pair of those for like $900 and strap them. That would just be AMAZING if you had the money for it. Or buy one for $500 and wire it down to .5 ohms, and get a solid 2500rms out of it, which would be perfect for any of the AQ subs.

Cheers:-)

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 116
I'm going to call AudioQue today and tell them that I want dual 2 ohm instead of dual 4. That way I can feed each subwoofer its own RF T2000 amp so it can get 2500+ rms each, and plus it'll be cheaper than getting the RF T4000, which puts out a max power of 4500rms I think if I saw correctly, may be wrong. So its one pay 1500 and get two amps that will push out up to 2500+ rms to each sub, or get one RF T4000 and give each sub about 2250rms+ each.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5656
Hey Showrides,

what are your thoughts on the new FI Q as opposed to say the SI Mag?? do you have an opinon on that(that isn't completely biased. lol)

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 320
Well I know the guys at Low-Hz had a few of them tested out by various people. And there were a few problems that they had with them.

The biggest problem was, the FI Q's were not hitting the lows as hard as they should have been. If you have heard a mag 15 before, you know that between 27-50hz, the sub is just a complete monster. The problems with the FI q's, is that in the 27-33Hz range, they were just not hitting that hard.

Originally, Scott said to inrease the port diameter to fix this problem.

Now to give you numbers this is how everything was tested.

The SI mag 15 was in the same box as the FI Q. The box was 4 cubic feet, tuned to 28 Hz. Now SI reccommends about 25 cubic inches of port are for the mag 15. The FI we didn't have a number on, so we just ended up making it 50 cubic inches, figuring that would be more than enough for any sub.

Anyways, of course that was way more than the mag needed, but that was fine, since it still pounded the lows really well. The FI Q on the other hand was having plenty of problems in the lower frequencies. So we talked with Scott at FI and he said well up the port volume. He said try going with 75 SQUARE INCHES!!!

Not sure how much you know about box building, but a 4 cubic foot box, tuned to 28 Hz, with 75 square inch port, requires one LONG A** port.

Anyways, they started building the new box, even though a sub that required a box like that seemed very impractical. Tested it out with that port area, and still no change in the low end from the FI Q.

Overall, it sounded like the FI Q was a decent driver. SQ was good, and output was pretty good as well. As far as low end extension, the mag was the winner, and as far as output the mag was louder as well. They measured both subs with a termlab, and they were around 143, and 147 db's with around 1000rms going to each.

So in overall SQL, the mag is much better than the FI Q, but if you don't care much for the lower bass frequencies, and just want a solid sub between 35-60hz, than the FI Q would be fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5670
i really appreciate the info man:-)
what is your real name???
it feels wierd calling you showrides. lol(people prob feel the same about me. lol)
and do you have aim?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5671
one question....DD recommends 16 sq.in. of port per cube for their subs....i didn't think 50 was all that much and certianly not 25 for a 4 cube box.

does the SI have a relatively loose suspension?

my DD 2510 has 20 sq.in. of port in a 1.5 cubic foot box....that doesn't seem like a lot of port area to me....

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 358
Hey Doc and Berny... The power amps from RF that you were talking about, the T20001BD does 2000 at 1ohm not 2. Which is really right around 2860 after testing. The T40001BD does 4464 at 1 ohm. Overall power wise, you will get more from the (2) T20001BD's. But the T40001BD will run you cheaper then the 2 T20001's, only by around 200-300 dollars though. If you went with the T20001BD's and wired 1 to each HD3 then you will need Dual 2ohm subs, You will need the Dual 4ohm for the T40001BD.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 321
You can't judge anything by DD's box specs.

DD has an completely different forumal they use for designing boxes. I have actually talked with the guys there, and they told me if you use normal box designing programs to find out the specs of their boxes, they will be wrong. I am not sure how they do it, but they did say that their forums was different from what other subs use.

That is what they told me, and although I don't fully understand it, I know not to judge any other box specs by the designs they have. You can even call them up, and ask them about it, if you are very interested.

But 20 square inches for a 12, and 25 square inches for a 25 square inches for a 15 is very normal. Once you get up around 75 square inched for a 15, that is getting pretty big.

And my name in Andy in case you wanted to know:-)

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 80
For the P3000.1 question. You will get a solid 2700-3100 rms. I have seen them numbers @ 2 ohms. Amp is great, and VERY good for the money. Doesn't really mean much coming from me, but that is what I have seen out of 2 amps.

Kevin

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 445
Hey Showrides I asked Kevin from Low Hz about it and he said they were $600 not $525, so how do i knock off the extra $75 if i go with that amp lol?

Username: Djl

Post Number: 1
Let me introduce myself and clear up a few misconceptions. My name is DJ Langford and I am the owner of Audioque. I am also the father of Jassa Langford,the owner of Digital Designs.

I don't know where the nephew business comes in showrides spoke of but I can assure you Audioque is owned and operated by myself. We share the same buildhouse because it is family owned and I would be stupid not to use it. I am very well acquainted with each and every employee of Digital Designs and not a single nephew of mine or Jassa's is employed by either company.

Jassa and I share the same design goals and comitment to quality. We also have a very close working relationship and often are amazed at what the "insiders" or those in the "know" THANK they know about us or the way we conduct business.

As far as amps go our products are used with just about every amp sold. If I used the term sloppy it was a bad choice of words. I said that some of our competitors used other products which in their opinon tended to work better when pushed beyond the amps rating. I am talking extreme SPL applications and not sound quality or normal use. If I were pushing amps I would have of course reccomended the Z1 which I did not.

Often by the time Bill told Joe and Joe told Mike and the story gets passed down about a dozen times the actual story gets lost in the telling. If I belived everything said about me or Jassa I read on the forums I wouldn't know who I am much less who my son is. We had a great weekend over the holiday,we just can't find that nephew.

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 980
dude get the p3000 i was gunna get that amp and an 18" atomic apx but then i decided that i wasnt gunna save that much money cause i dont want to wait foreva

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 461
DJ great to see you here thanks so much for stopping by

Gold Member

Post Number: 5680
DJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forum!:-)

i read a lot of your posts over at Soundpressure....you have a great company man.

Keep up the good work.:-O

all the big names are hitting our forum this week. lol

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 982
that is nice how the father and son are in the same business...that is so cool

Post Number: 2
Doctor Smith gave me the link to the forum. I am very impressed with everything about it. Showrides please don't take my comments the wrong way; you sound like your a great guy. I just wanted to get acquainted and give a little background about DD and Audioque.

I have several FORUM links on our web site and will be happy to add this one if I can get permisson.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 466
wow mentioned by the owner of AudioQue

in the words of Garth and Wayne from Waynes World

"We're not worthy, we're not worthy, we're not worthy" lol

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 990
I cant wait till i get my dd..gunna be the best day of my life..lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5685
if oyu need permission go to this section and ask....they never answer...so go ahead anyway. lol

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/suggestions/22.html

i have one question.

what would you compare the SD2 and SD2.5 to in terms of output and SQ in the DD lineup?

thanks a lot DJ!

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 991
i think i asked that question in another thread...thanks for askin taht muddy.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 118
Thanks for the clear up DJ. Nice to see you in the forums.

On another note:
AudioQue(the member) said "But the T40001BD will run you cheaper then the 2 T20001's, only by around 200-300 dollars though"

Run me cheaper? Where? link please =). Because two T2000 cost about 1500, so you sure that the T4000 is cheaper than that?

Post Number: 3
The SD2.5 would be most compared to the DD 2500 in output and soundquality. The motor on the DD has been upgraded and given a new look more in line with the rest of the DD lineup. I think it is a better looking sub then the AQ. It is also rated for more power.

The SD2.5 on the other hand is a no frills design with the very best build quality and parts with similar output and soundquality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5693
thanks DJ....i really appreciate it man.

you make an awesome product...i will be buying a tshirt from you soon. lolol

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 505
ok i dont kno anything about DD subs at all lol so What "mainstream" sub would the sd2.5 be compared to in output.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5694
not sure.....i havenever though about it. lol

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 176
sweet the owner of AQ:-)

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 322
son, nephew, close enough, doesn't change my point, which was that you two were related and share the same buildhouse.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5698
........no need to get angry.:-)

SO!......how good of a deal can you cut me on a 12" SI Mag???

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1010
gasp.....muddy ur gunna get a mag ....stay with dd

Gold Member

Post Number: 5704
why????:-O

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 495
Berny i think i am goin with the MA after all there 500 shipped from low hz and i just cant pass that up lol

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 125
Yeah, I didn't say that I didn't like them, they look sweet. I just wasn't sure if they would work as good and what not. BUT WAIT DONT BUY YET!!!!! You want to call them tomarrow and see what kind of deal they can get you if you guy 3? You buy one, I buy 2. See if we can bargain with them. mRbernyMAC is my AIM, hit me up if you want to discuss it more.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 501
woo hoo i'm over the hill halfway to gold lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us