Broken ppi?

Username: Dadummy

Post Number: 2
hello there,

I have a PPI Ax400 amp that I believe is causing the problem.
I have been getting feed back through the speakers started off as a pop and in just a short time progressed to a horrible, loud squeal.
After a while of troubleshooting this is the conclusion.
If I unplug the rca cables from the amp, and leave the speaker wires connected then turn the head unit and amp on, a horrible squeal comes through the speakers. Since no signal is being sent to the unit to amplify, where is the signal coming from?
I connected a different amp to the system and it seems to be working fine.
Does anyone know what may be wrong with the amp and if it is repairable? or something else I may be missing.

thanks for your time

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4752
It's definitely repairable, contact Jason at www.audiotekx.com.

Here's the price range: http://www.audiotekx.com/services.html

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4758
Oops, I should also mention it is highly likely that it is a bad ground, check your ground connection to be sure it's tight, clean, with no rust on a non-painted surface.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2191
if your amp is broken that's a shame

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2335
where do u have your rca's run with the power wire or something idk check the grounds as jexx said basically check all wires first

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3394
it wouldnt be noise comin from ur RCA's just because they are ran with ur power wire. thats a myth, but can happen.. If you have decent quality sheilded signal cables, there will never be any noise.

but you said you hooked up another amp to it? with ur same GRND wire power REM and RCA's? and the amp worked? cause even if it was a ground problem, that means the amp that you hooked up would make the same noise. unless you moved the ground to another location.

i would maybe try gettin it repaired

Post Number: 3
hey there,

yup good shielded,grounded monster cables for RCA's, and tight ground on amp.
The RCA's should not matter, I still get the loud distortion with the RCA's disconnected. the power supply was ran on one side of the vehicle and the power on the other.
Just to check it out, I am going to hook up the amp again running a new power supply out of the distribution block and a new clean tight ground, use a spare set of speakers and see if I can duplicate the problem , if so amp goes in for repair, if not , well, gonna have to find the short.
I tell you what, after listening to a PPI then installing the jensen amp I originally had, there is no comparison, I will definately be getting the PPi fixed or purchasing another

thanks for your help

Post Number: 4
hey there,

yup good shielded,grounded monster cables for RCA's, and tight ground on amp.
The RCA's should not matter, I still get the loud distortion with the RCA's disconnected. the power supply was ran on one side of the vehicle and the power on the other.
Just to check it out, I am going to hook up the amp again running a new power supply out of the distribution block and a new clean tight ground, use a spare set of speakers and see if I can duplicate the problem , if so amp goes in for repair, if not , well, gonna have to find the short.
I tell you what, after listening to a PPI then installing the jensen amp I originally had, there is no comparison, I will definately be getting the PPi fixed or purchasing another

thanks for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us