Finally Done PICS!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 81
thank you all that helped me get my first real system. i dont have one of those subs hooked up yet im still waiting on another amp. here it is all done the wires all hidden just need to clena up some tools and thats it

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
some more pics
Upload

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
i hope i never get a flat tire to taking all that out will be rough

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6541
nice man how do you like it?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9020
looks really nice man - can c u took ur time

2 suggestions tho
put d lights on top edge of box corners so light bulb itself is less noticable

paint inside of ur boxes 2 make it even more decent looking .......Upload

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 872
how do thoes arsenals sound?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1462
also how did you seal the plexi?

do what muddy said...it will clean it up alot.

nice work tho. the subs look great from the back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
they sound great i cant wait to hook them both up and play them at the same time. i never thought about putting the lights at the top that would be a good idea and it would be easier to hide those cords. i would have no idea what color i would paint it ill give a look through the colors at the depot tm thanks for the suggestions

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6544
I think Jake meant Rovin:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
the plexi glass is screwed down with 3/4 inch screws every inch and a half

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1300
3/4" screws? how thick is the plexi

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1264
i can tell from the inside view, that you have an alero....hehe.

i also have an alero. whats ur box dimensions?? i have figured out that nothing taller than 16" will fit it, with no deeper than 17 at this same height.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1464
haha my badd rovin. i must have been dreaming about muddy again.

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 303
Great job dude! I'm a little concerned about the thickness of the plexi my self. Looks like less than 1/4".Upload

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 812
kick a*s

nice install

how do they sound

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5617
looks good man:-)

i would also paint the inside of the box black...and take out the plexi and run a piece of 3M doublesided tape around it or something like that to make sure it seals.

other than that....those boxes are looking sweet man.

.........i love you too jake:-O

Bronze Member
Username: Mike17362

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 24
did you build those boxes your self/ the look good how did you learn to do that?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3390
how thick is that plexi?? cause 3/4" screws are very tiny. i think it might be too thin of plexy IMO

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 944
u know what would be sweet..if u lined the inside with mirrors so then the neon would get brighter and it would look sweet imo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
yea it was rough putting it in the alero i had to take the cover off the wheel well so i could manuver it in just the right way. these are the dimensions right here i got the box off klausaudio.com 17.75" (w) x 16.375" (d) x 16.75" (h)

i emailed them about the plexi glass thickness to and they said that they have never had any problems wiht it in the past so they keep using it. the only problem ive had is that the area around the screws is starting to spider from me having to unscrew it so many times to do the stuff with the led lights. but it shouldnt be a problem if i dont unscrew it anymore (as you can see from first pic in my second post you can see the spidering of the plexi from me screwing in the screws to hard but the one below i learned so there is no spidering). i found out the screws are 3/4 inches thick that sround the plexi which makes some sense since the mdf is 3/4 and the plexi glass is 1/4 and they probably dont want the screws protruding all the way through to the other side. im extremely happy with the system itself im looking to put a new head unit in the alero since im still rolling with the stock hu in it. the 6x9 speakers are pioneers and the 4x6 upfront are pioneers to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
that would be look awsome james were could i find mirrors to do that or could i just find an old junk mirror and cut it up. how could i do that.?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5329
AWESOME SETUP MAN. very clean. i bet it sounds as good as it looks. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 204
im sure you can get mirror pieces from Home Depot, i have no clue how you would cut it if they are too big... but i think ive seen them there before.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1265
ya home depot or something might have it. you could prolly just have them do it, or just score it with a glass cutter.

i just got done with my box tonight. i used 1/4" plexi, and it was like 40 bucks. it didnt work at all. it flexes so BADDDD. and it rattles at high volumes. i have screw about every 3 inches, and it is sealed with clear caulk. so i guess im just gunna make the top into wood.

should have pics tomorrow..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
hmmm weird ive been breaking in this new sub playing it very low bass and the whole car filled with that distinct smell. it worried me so i took the sub out nothing was hot it was actually very cool to the touch all parts of the sub. but it just wreaked like it was blowing. the wiring is all good i checked it three times before putting the sub in the box. hope its just breaking in. it shouldnt even be clipping at the volumes i have it at

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 953
u spelled my name wrong lol...its jaymes...lol...but anyways u prolly could just by a square mirror and just cut it to the right size and glue it in or sumthin...

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 447
looks really nice good job man

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 970
ya i agree looks ballin i wish i could do that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
yea i think thats what ill do.after i get teh amp ill get the mirrors in there. just a quick side question do companies test the subs out before they send them to you? becasue when i went to go hook it up i pushed down on one of the terminals and some speaker wire fell out jsut a small 1/4 inch strands. and my newest speaker dosnt seem to get as loud as my oldest one. could it just be because of the placement of the box? and the newest speaker when you push it in is very easy to push in a lil ways but on my old one its very stiff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us