Orion 2500d

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 336
i got a 2500d that has 2 speaker outputs can i but one on each coil? u was wonderin cuz its supposed o be mono and now much will this put on each coil

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 337
o yea its a dual 1 ohm apx 10 so one ohm on each coil

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 890
That amp has 2 out puts to make it easier to wire subs, but is internally bridged. The "d" in 2500D is the give away. You can wire that sub up for either 2 or .5 ohms. Does that amp support .5?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9017
that dude B ran his on 1/2 ohm but it pulls ALOT of current so 2 batt apart from ur engine batt to that 1 amp should keep it well powered (provided that u upgrade alt/big 3)......

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3238
I wouldnt recomment running that 2500d at 1/2ohm daily. You are taking a chance of smoking it.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2187
the amp can handle 1/2 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 891
Its not recommended for .5 ohm, but It may do it for a while., but that amp does 1700 @ 2ohms. If it was my 2500D I would run it at 2 ohms. and get another sub that will utilise that full 2500 @ 1 ohm. There are some great subs that will handle 2500. Ask around.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3391
but for one sub i dont think it would work to hook an 250d to each VC on the sub because you only have 1 set of + and - on the amp and you would need SVC subs i believe. im pretty screws up right now so correct me if im wrong :P

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9022
yea i too am not keen on running something that its not rated 2 do so ur (only) best/safest bet is run it @ 2ohms daily ......

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3546
well I ran mines @ .5 ohm daily, and could put my cheek against it.... after the end of the day...

for competitions it does down to .34ohms... for burps, 1-10secs long...

further more, modify it and it will accept voltages more than 16v.... then hit it @ .7-.5 ohms and it wakes up like a fresh sunday morning... it will do near 4krms, most get about 3800rms...

I keep repeating this same story^^^^^^^^^^^
I wont anymore... :-)

that amp just need as many batteries as u can to back it up, I wouldnt even use 1 without 2 batts..... .5 daily do atleast 3 GOOD batts!

1 @ .5 is almost as strong as 2 2500ds... they just wake up under 1...

enuff with all of that ^^^^^^^^^

Rovin wsup with u man?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2220
haha^^^nice post B

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1675
Yea, the 2500D is amazing... A guy here locally has one powering two Eclipse Ti Pros and it's insane the amount of power they put out. But he's also running ~16 volts...

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 247
I got 2 of those running my DD9515 and one battery Kinetic, well i need to get another battery coz the kinetic 2400 isnt enough for 2 of those but they really bump. I hit 150.0 with this setup. Great amps. Now im lookin for a 2 channel one.

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 159
Orion has went down hill since directed come in the picture. And the new RF power series are just badazz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us