How to test amp outputs?

Username: Ron_mexico1

Post Number: 3
Long story short, my sub after disconnecting my box for a short time now only produces 25% of the power it used to. The amp light is on. It is possible that my speaker wires may have touched (one had electrical tape on it to protect it) but my ground also recently came out of the ring terminals on the amp and I jerry rigged it by just grounding the wire alone. Can a bad ground give the amp power but not enough to drive it 100% or does this appear to be blown outputs? Can the outputs be fixed easily by soldering? Whats the best way to find out if the outputs are blown with a multimeter? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 374
There can be a few things wrong, does your amp get hot or shutoff\cutout? You may have wired the subs back incorrectly or different from how they origianally were, a bad ground like that will never really be good, your going to need to put a new terminal on the wire. what kind of subs\amp are they, i doubt it would be blown outputs, in most cases ive seen with those you get either no sound\ it sticks in protection, or you get very very very low output maybe that of 5WRMS at full gain.. post the models of your subs and amp and sum1 will let u kno how to wire them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us