Alumapro

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 616
Just wondering if I should invest in a cap.. my current setup is one RE SX 15" with a Recoil 1000.1 wired @ 1 ohm for 1000wrms.. I've got the big 3 and complete 1/0 gauge wiring but my amp still starves for power on some occaisions.. My light also continually dim. I've upgrade to a RE 35.1 but am still waiting for it in the mail. I have a chance to get an Alumapro Cap 5 for $150..

http://www.cbrstereo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=645

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5563
if your Voltage is staying relatively the same...but you still experience dimming....a cap is for you:-)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2816
thoes caps are killer, but the 5 farad one won't take 1/0AWG wire, only the 15 and the larger one will.

also if you can, look for a new version. the first ones are a pain to install. they have relays and stuff you gotta wire all over the place...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1467
If I am not mistaken even the new ones use the same relays. I have an older 15 F one if anyone if looking I will let it got for $200 plus shipping with relays. Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 203
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALUMA-PRO-THE-CAP-15-FARAD-CAPACITOR-2000-JOULES_W0QQitemZ18 0025479803QQihZ008QQcategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m180025479803

i just came across this on ebay

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1473
Ya, that is the new one and notice the same solenoid/relay in the picture. The 15's are quite expensive... Polo.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 618
Reducers can fix the input of wire size for it :-) .. but i was just thinking abut it cuz one of my friends down here who competes with me has one he wants to sell

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2820
hmmm, i guess they do. i could have swarn i saw the new ones without the relays. oh well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us