This amp werk?

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 123
i can buy a hifonics zeus ZXi 3406 amp, for 75 bucks, with 4X35watts at 4 ohm, for my 4 intereor speakers for my alpine type R 6.5s (250 peak) and blaupunkt "the clear ones" 6.5s (150 peak)... both speakers are 50watts rms and have been powered by my panasonic deck, but they suck cause of that, they need more juice... should i get this amp and will it really be enough or should i wait and get a better zeus amp later for alot more? and yes im going to use one of the 3 zeus amps and probably wont be persuaded to buy anything else unless i can get a killer matching amp for my sub, 1500-2500 watts worth...

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
can i use a 2 channel amp for my 4 speakers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
also, i can get a sweet 5 farad stinger capacitor for 50 bucks but is it ok to put it on my stereo, my amp will be putting out around 1800 watts... holla...

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 214
That amp, as with any external amp, will sound a heck of alot better than the internal speaker amp on your deck. Get it.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2165
the cap is really nice but is not going to work if you don't have a HO alt

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
oh i didnt know i would need a ho alt, nm...

someone told me to get a 2 channel amp for my 4 intereor speakers, i just put the wires from the front 2 in one channel and the back 2 in the other channel? i just divide the channel in half and that is how many each speaker is getting?

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
errr...

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 353
Kevin, are you related to lilrob?

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 225
Get a 4 channel.. there's no point in buying a 2 channel, you won't get the surround options if you bridge them. Sure, you can get a cheaper amp and run them a 2 ohms per channel, but it won't sound as good.

Get a really nice 4 channel, or 2 really nice 2 channels.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
AudioQue, no, not at all, trust me, im just in a really good mood and it was funny at the time to ramble in several threads for a few minutes...

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
and thanks mick, ill do that...

but if an amp says 35X4 @ 4 ohms and 70X4 @ 2 ohms, can i run 35 to 2 and 70 to the other 2 at 2 ohms? the speakers say 4 ohms...

werd... rofl, jk...

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 230
For the most part, and check the amp specs first, any 4 channel amp that is capable of 2/3/4 channel should be able to run seperate impediances on the two bridgable channels. A bridgable channel is 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 on a 4 channel amp. This is because 1 and 2 act like a seperate amp from 3 and 4 when bridged or when run at a seperate impediance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
yeah but how do you do it? you can only drop the ohms if you bridge the channel right? i want to use all 4 channels but run half of them at 2 ohm and feed my speakers more power... cause the alpines need more power than the blaupunkts...

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 235
Buy this amp, it's 85x4@4ohms

Hifonics ZEUS ZXi6406 on ebay for less than $200.

Worth it 110%

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
yeah, i might get that one... ive been looking at it quite abit...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us