My new setup * Pictures coming - need a digital camera *

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 98
I just spent $650 on a 15" Kicker CVX that came in a SuperBass ProBox Ported, I don't know the tuning on it, but it sounds around the area of 48 - 58.. Whatever it is, it's HIGH! It's 4 to 5 times as loud as my 3 12" sealed, and 3x as loud as my 2 L7 12s ported... I was wondering how you guys think it'll perform at a competition! ALSO, if it was a good buy.

NOTE * I'm the first one to purchase this setup in my area - According to the Music Mart Car Center's owner ( Authorized Kicker Dealer ) *

I just know, I out Street Beat (4) 12" CVRs sealed, and (2) 12" Memphis HPOs ported... soo, I think it should be great in competition.. My only dislike is:

Since the box is tuned so high... My lows don't come out, but my high-mid and high bass is EXTREMELY LOUD! * But I guess it's good, because in most competitions, it's high freq. anyway.

I'm open for suggestings, comments, advice, opinions... Thanks for looking!

* And no, I ain't selling it :P~ *

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 443
you could of got 2 of them for $400 on ebay and make a nice box for about $100 but at least it sounds good

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 840
i dont believe it is louder then your L7s unless they were in shitty box and had a sony amp or something...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3232
D.J.,

I'm going to Hooters in West Monroe tonite to talk to them about putting on the SPL comp.

That ProBox will prolly do decent in SPL comps (better than a daily box tuned low)...but like we were talking about on the phone, you better watch that sub on songs w/ low bass or you are gonna kill it...lol.

If you are ever in Monroe, give me a call...i'd like to hear it.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 605
I wish I had the extra cash to drive over to Monroe.. I live in the DFW area of Texas so its not a horrible drive but still quite long :-(

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 99
Yeah, I knew I could have did that Rick... Only thing was, I hate being BEATLESS! Plus, I like buying w/ warranty!

And go Logan - The girl that I gave my L7s to put them in a 2003 Mustang. Completely took out the back seat and had a 5cuft. box built ported I think she said it was tuned @ 36hz... and she has a beautiful amp Rockford T1500, * Something like that - whatever it is, it's 1500rms * And my 15 was louder in my, her, and her friends opinion... * And I don't even have polyfill in my box yet *

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 606
unless the L7s are wired wrong they should be louder...

Bronze Member

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 100
Well, I don't think that RF1500 is stable @ 1ohm... And those L7s were D4s ... Soo, I don't even much know what she did...

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 500
dont put polyfill in a ported box

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1470
"dont put polyfill in a ported box"

I agree, BUT if you are looking for and SQ type of ported enclosure and want to try a dampening material go with thin fiberlass matting from Home Depot or Lowes. Polyfill will end up causing turbulance/distortion amongst the ports while fiberglass matting on the apposing walls can help break up standing waves and it has a backing so it will be contained. Some of the tricks of the trade... :-O... Polo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us