Suggestions for a new system

Bronze Member
Username: Th3di3s3l28

Post Number: 37
Truck was stolen, but just got it back this weekend, minus rims, tires, and system.
Had 2 12" CVX's, Zx1000.1, and a clarion Hu.

I'm looking at getting 2 12's again, but i may upgrade to 2 15's. I want it to be as loud as I can possibly get it. I am more concerned about SPL than sq.

In the past i've looked at the other brands but really only researched kicker.

I'm open to any and all brands, and suggestions.
What would you guys recommend. Im looking for subs and an amp to match them. It'll be going into a 1991 chevrolet silverado extended cab.

Thanks, Steven

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 97
What kind of trunk to you have... If you want some 15s... I like the way RE XXXs sound in Cabs! Soo, look into them, they are work the money!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
its a 2 door, but ive got a full bench seat in the back im contemplating taking out. dont really have a budget, so price doesnt matter. what kind of amp? and theyll be going in a ported box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
sorry for the double
i think ive got roughly around 11-13 cubes to work with, thats with taking out the rear seat.

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 243
If you like kicker then get 2 15" CVX and run each on a zx1000.1. And about your previous setup, with that amp on 2 12s you were nowhere near those subs full potential.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 770
steven u know that when u say no budget these people here can blow through money fast, i guess wht im say is they can make u a system that cost thousands, even more if u got the cash

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5492
everybody has a budget....noone wants to spend 12,000 on an amp if they don't have to. lol

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 841
1 18 or 15 audioque HD3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
thanks for the suggestions. I'm leaning towards the 2 15's now. i like the sq of the cvx's i had, and they hit decent for being underpowered too lol. lol yeah. im not looking at a limit of around 2000 for the subs and amp, accessories aside. it was only pushing 650 watts or so to each. i coulda put more but i didnt. oh well lol. but lets say i just got 2 12" cvx's again. what would you guys recommmend I push them with?
and how about components and other speakers. Ive read about the infinity kappas, and some others. i need to replace basically everything, bc the only things they didnt take were the wires and my front 4"x6", which they smashed instead.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 207
I recently bought the Polk DB6500, some might say they're cheap, but I think they're amazing.. much better than the reference and kappa that infinity makes.. I have used both series before I got the Polks, then when I blew the kappa series comps I needed to replace them and my warranty only covered replacement of equal or lesser value and my local dealer stopped selling infinity, so I got the polk.

Long story short, They're amazing and are only running off of deck power currently.

Try them, and if you don't like them return them - you get them locally and you should have a 30 day return.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6531
if you double the power to each you will gain a 6 db increase from before:-) now if you step up to 15's and do that the increase will be Substancial.

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 335
2 AudioQue HD315's on 1500-3k watts a piece. You will cry.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 372
Steven buy my RF t1000 it was cea certified to do 1657 watts at 1 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 246
If you get 12 inch CVXs again then a kicker ZX1500.1 would be perfect. And with that jump in power you wont even realize they are the same subs.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2253
2 AA havocs, and a ZX2500.1 would kill the cvx's in spl and sq!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us