CD HU vs Dvd/Cd Player HU

Bronze Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 82
Is there a difference. Would I be able to get the same SQ and Options from a Multimedia HU as a regualr HU. Are regular HU's better or they about the same since technology has grown so much. I don't want to be regulated on how high I can crank up the volume on a Dvd/nav HU. I'm looking into the Eclipse dvd/nav/mp3 HU eclipse avx5000, something under 1500. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

Bronze Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 86
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2791
every HU whether its a CD or CD/DVD has its on "sound" and enhancement options. i had a panasonic CQ-VD7001U CD/DVD unit and it sounds like a-s compared to my old Alpine CDA-9813 and now Premier 880PRS. all three have been tuned the same way, the panasonic just doesn't sound good at all.

i've heard some of the higher end CD/DVD units like the Alpine 300/310 and 900/901 (not totally sure on thoes model numbers, but you should know what ones i'm talking about) and they sounded nice.

but as with everything, some things are geared more towards SQ, some towards Flash.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 767
if its a good name they should sound good what did u have in mind cd player wise and dvd/cd plaer wise

Bronze Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 87
like the pioneer z1 or the eclipse avx5000. But would like to only spend around or under 1500 for one. So pretty much, whats the most bang for my buck for 1000-1500? Pioneer and Eclipse only.

Silver Member

Post Number: 802
for that price what ever you buy is well worth yor money u wont get crap

Silver Member

Post Number: 803
that eclipse would prolly be fine and so would a pionner mabe clarion but im not really to found of that kind of equipment but if you cant find any more help in this forum just go to an authorized dealer and see what they tell you or get you for deals

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 106
Sounds good, thanks guy. Wasn't sure if they were as good of quality as a regular cd/mp3 stereo.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 272
The best way to go if you want an audio/video system in your car is to buy a really nice HU, like the Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP/DEH-P960MP and purchase the DVD player/6.5" touchscreen monitor add-on for it. Then you get all of the sweet benefits of the high-end head unit with the dvd video you desire so much.

It's what I plan to do, but I have to save up for the AVX-P8DVD add-on :-) ... I'm a little broke after buying my 960MP.

Long story short, you won't get as good of SQ from a AVIC as you would from a 960mp, because the AVIC is made for NAV, GPS, Vehicle Dynamics and so on.. where as the 960mp is made for SQ and raw power with alot of control.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 273
You can also get a seperate EQ, up to 30 band now I believe, and throw that on pretty much any head unit for better sound..

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 109
Yeah, I have a double din setup right now where the cd player is below the AVIC TV and all. Maybe I'll go ahead and do what you mentioned but get a touchscreen under the 1000 mark with the pioneer 960mp. Also I don't know how to use EQ's, for now that is. Know of any good dvd/nav indash tv's for under 1k.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2840
i don't think a 30 band EQ will help if the source unit before it is crap...everything starts with the source unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us