Ears hurt

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1643
This is the loudest ive gotten my cvrs so far cuz i just went for like a 5 min drive and my ears r hurting like fu*k! I found a song by 2pac called part time mutha and it hits so hard and continous so peep that song out its tight!! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 194
what size are your subs and what amp? also what type of enclosure do you have? just curious.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1646
12s, lanzar 268 and 4 cubes.....not sure wut its tuned to prob like 32-35hz cuz i had em ported b4 but wanted to be diff and sealed them then got tired of it this weekend and wuz at my cuz'z house, so we got bored and since i wasnt home with my port size calculator bookmarked, i just guessed more less on the port size about how big i had my last 2 so i believe i put them as 2 4.25" X 13.75 ports.....

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1647
1 of my fu*kin ports keeps falling into the box though cuz of all the vibrations, i glued and cocked it but it failed so i got home redid it and this time put duct tape for the mean time and it works, my mom said when i turned it on and turned it up i threw a couple of things in her room.....

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1648
lol "caulked" it

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 195
haha, did you make the box yourself?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1649
Yup

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1650
How do ur cvx's sound?? I just read ur profile... have u ever heard that song my 2pac?? It hits hard as hell.....

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 196
My cvx's sound good. they get loud. I'd say 70% spl and 30% SQ. The box I have them in were made for a pair of Xtant 12's. I'm planning on getting a custom box for them and upgrading electrical. I havent heard that song before. i'm gonna download it right now. if you go in my profile and check my website which is a myspace, you can see my subs playing. That was the day after install and I hadnt tuned the amp the way it was supposed to be. now it hits way harder and catches all the notes it was missing in the video.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1651
kool ^^^ ill peep it out.....tell me if u like dat song....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5289
play some bass mekaniks. when i play that song at high volume for like 10 seconds, i can't breath. my lungs feel like they are collapsing or something. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5473
Bass Mekanik = Upload

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6520
Chad and Muddy are a bunch of BASSHEAD's! lol:-)

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 766
them songs are ment for bass though

Gold Member

Post Number: 5490
read ma username...it says it alllllllll. :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5301
don't you just love that feeling though. after you turn it down you have to take a deep breath to catch up on breathing. damn i love it.

Username: Donpisto

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 2
Any cd by Newton Music Group gets loud. I just got my "the ultimate test...bass extreme" cd today. Only a couple weeks till i get my amp back and slap it to my sub and then time for some major boom.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 198
Yeah I like how my nose flexes a little and tickles. and how I can feel my arm hairs move while my arm is on the center console. I had a cup of coffee in the cup holder and I put my hand over it to hold it while I was turning and I could feel the air move in and out through the hole in the lid, haha

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 199
How many cd's does bass mekaniks have? and what are your guys favorites?

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 3
On CDNOW it shows they got 18

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3233
DJ Magic Mike = old school :-)

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 128
I cant find that 2pac song. Is that the exact title?

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 200
Yep its, "part time mutha".

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3372
jesse. go on aim pimp

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1654
Jesse did u like it?? Yup i love bass mekanik, my fav cd is the "reload" 1 i bought the album twice cuz i keep scratchin it and ima have to buy it again lol.....Yup marshall i like dj magic mike too, make tha car go boom, or feel tha bass 1,2, and 3......

Gold Member

Post Number: 5503
they have a bunch..

i have Reload,
and Powerbox: Bassest Hits

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 202
TJ yeah I like that song I havent burned it yet though. Ill burn it tonight and bump it tomorrow then I'll let you know.

Thanks muddy, I've heard alot about bass mekaniks and have wanted to pick up a couple cd's I just didnt know which ones to get.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5306
powerbox is awesome. the second song on that album bumps so hard. damn that song just seems like it will break my car in to pieces. lol.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1655
Kool yup i like the reload album alot, both cds...I really like that song night bass....

Gold Member

Post Number: 5516
#5, #11, and #17 on the Powerbox album ROCK DOWN THE TRUNK LID on my sub. lol
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5517
those are the good ones...^^^

almost every song on that album sweats the DD. lol

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 356
about how much rms\spl do u need to make it so u cant breathe? my system has it to the point it pops your ears but i can still breathe but its a lil hard.... i need it louder, when i add another jbl bp1200.1 with my other bp1200.1 and hook up each audioburn on its own amp... it will be good? until i get my 4 Type X;s and box built for them.... i get 2 more of the JBL BP1200.1 then

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 415
Type X , Why

U want louder .. Go and search @ DD's products .

Or RE Audio .they are alot louder than X's ..

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 482
Have you guys ever tried the Woofer Cooker song? It is more like a 20 to 40 hertz test with other tones mixed in for three minutes. I have a sealed box so I can't imagine how much air it would push with good subs and a ported box.

If you can't find it, try Limewire and look for it under either Woofer Cooker, or Bass Hit.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 357
I dont only want it loud but i also want great SQ thats y i am going with the 4 of them, if i wanted it loud really really loud like that i would go with 2 or 4 solo x 18's ^bump bump

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 485
Man, you can get way better subs for that kind of money.

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 498
x2

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 365
really...... point me towards a sub better then the Type X for SQ that still has atleast 1000rms rating for 260$ ....... not to easy to find...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5314
4 type X's = $1000

you can get 2 subs for $500 each that will kill 4 type X's in sq, sql, spl, or any other category you can think of.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5566
:-)

get 2 SI Mag's
get 2 Audioque HD's
get 2 DD 3500's
get 2 CompX's
get 2 TC 3K's

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 203
I just gotta throw it out there cause I am in love now...lol Rl-p or Rl-s

Gold Member

Post Number: 5572
the RL-s is more of a HT sub imo.

they only come in Single 4 ohm...and they need huge boxes...even the smallest sealed box is big -- 3 cubes!!!

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 204
yeah muddy you are right...some ppl use them in cars but mostly HT....and they say that you can do a 2 cuft sealed....but more would be better...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5575
yeah....i believe it is like 1.8 sealed on the 12" and 3 sealed on the 15".

i bet they sound AWESOME in a big ported box tuned low in a HT setup....shake the whole block!!

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 366
muddy, no offense... dont get me wrong ive never heard any of the subs you listed... but alot of those look like they would easily be beaten by 4 alpines.... each alpine will get 1000rms @ 2ohms how i will runs them, i dont want to run anything of a lower ohm, i grew sorta found to 2-4ohm i like the quality over 1ohm... not as loud but better quality, the subs u pointed out maybe underrated i dunno, but how do u figure 2 subs of about even power with 2 of the alpines will be louder and better sq then 4 of the alpines? 1 thing.... damping factor higher or lower when ohms increase?

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 8
KiLLa, thats easy...the reason why 2 of those subs can smash on 4 alpines is because they are underrated, they have better design and are better made, thus better quality. RMS isnt everything in a sub...BL is another thing to look at..some will say xmax but I know the DD has a low xmax, i believe i read somewhere it was 13, but its got higher BL...also the T/S parameters of a sub will give you info about what a sub. its kinda like sayin i dont see how a 200 hp car can beat a 400 hp car...well you're only considering power, what about if the 200 hp car has nos, weighs a lot less, has a better driver...theres always more than 1 factor when comparing anything..also the reason why 2 - 4 ohm sounds better than 1 ohm is probably because its cleaner and more efficient. the higher the impedence the cleaner the signal and power will be. there are plenty woofers out there that say they can handle X amount of watts, but its the build of the woofer that matters. compare a 500w pyle sub to a 500w dd sub...the quality in the pyle is no where near the DD...also another example, a buddy of mine has an MD Sidewinder rated at 500 rms..he had one of these hooked up to an orion 2500d at 2 ohms, thus gettin 1700w and it took it, but the gains were set low, he's now got 4 of them on the same amp at .5 ohms and he's gettin 750 or 850 rms per sub. Simply put, the quality of the sub will determine how much power it can take and how well it will it play.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5333
i really don't see the 4 type Xs beating out any of the 2 subs muddy mentioned. i used to have 2 type Xs connected to 2 jl 1000/1. not loud. sounded clean but not that clean. when i changed the subs to 2 treo ssi 12s, the sq was way better and it got alot louder. it was no contest.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1480
You see most people runt here subs dirty, gains immproperly adjusted, wrong enclosure, high ambient temps and all out poor listening habits. I have seen type R's usck up more than 2K rms and hit over a 150 with a single 15". Design has a big part in it but soo does the person running the show. Alpine has quite of bit of R&D work into there sh!t even though I can't stand any of it but the fact being companys stay on the conservative side because most users are 16 year old sh!t heads with bad listening habits, lol. One thing you also have to remember, a subs set BL is different to it variable BL which goes up/down dependant on input. Simply put, an electro magnet gets stronger when you increase the input voltage, by raising a subs input voltage you are effectively increasing its BL. Polo.. :-O

PS- Can someone fax me a blunt?

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 212
Here you go polo, dont forget to pass.

</////////////////////////////////()~~~~~~~~~

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5338
Upload

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 213
Put ya stunna shades on......

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 397
I have the sonic overload of bass mekaniks lot of the songs hit hard and they have an spl comp disk on it 2 ive bought the cd 3 times getting ready for the 4th one soon

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 398
and the truck on the cover now runns all kicker insted of ppi and the owner is a very nice old lady she like 50+

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 9
Thomas... are you talkin about Alma Gates? Is it a red bronco?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1270
wow this thread turned into something completely different than how it started...lol way to get way off topic again.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1486
Chad that is a KILLA! I am soooo drunk right now, (vodka and cranberry) that blunt looks soooo good, lol. We use to empty swisher sweets out and use them, mannnn...... :-O

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 402
yea but it use to be silver i had a autograph poster but my sister riped it up along time ago

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 377
lets take a blunt ride polo :-) let me hear that system of yours lol

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 378
id still want 4 12's ran at either 2 or 4 ohms, prefer 2ohms, which 4 of those can i get for no more then 2gz? looking for the best SQ i can get along with it getting as loud as it can get...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1596
i'd go with 4 dd 3512's. each cost $365, so with shipping probably about $1600, maybe just under.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1661
I got that sonic overload album too, chad is dat a pic of u?? And jesse did u like dat song or wut??

Gold Member

Post Number: 5646
why do you doubt me killa?:-)

it is proven that the Type R is a louder sub if installed properly than the Type X....RMS is not something to go by all the time to figure out how loud something is going to be.

If i were you...i would get 2 of those Crystal CompX's or perhaps...2 of the DD 3500's...and and put about 3.5-4kw to the pair.:-)

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 379
but i still want 4 subs!! lol can i get some links to were i can buy these things from i cant really find any of this for sale...

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 10
i heard several prefer type r's over type x...the type x isnt all that its prepped up to be...and Steven Norris, i have concluded it is very common for car audio guys to get VERY off topic lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5648
you will have to go to DD's site and use their dealer locator....if there isn't one in your area....then you can order direct from them.

Crystal you can order from www.ikesound.com

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 103
www.allcarstereo.com or www.wooferetc.com I've been to the stores and bought products from both of the companies, no problems with my equipement so far. Also never had to deal with them but I don't know, try that if you want.

Bronze Member

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 11
www.onlinecarstereo.com is nice too, but they don't have DD

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 380
Who makes......
this---SI Mag's
Audioque HD's
DD 3500's
CompX's ---only one i found on website above...
This---- TC 3K's

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 112
low-hz.com is for the Mag
www.AudioQue.com for the HD's
ddaudio.com for the DD's

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1488
Killa, you know snag fishin coming in November, gonna have to head down to the 63rd and stony lagoon for some fun, you bring da blunt! Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 113
official websites and low-hz.com might just be a dealer for the mag, not sure.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 381
For sho polo and we can sell are catch in the ghetto too :p

Bronze Member

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 12
KiLLa

SI Mag's - Stereo Integrity
Audioque HD's - Audique (cousin of DD)
DD 3500's - Digital Designs
CompX's - Kicker
TC 3K's - TC Sounds (The model he mentiond is the TC-3000, its basically just new newer version of the TC 3HP

Go to realmofexcursion.com and check the ads and banners there...also go to their store (its right next to the Forum button) to see what they got

Gold Member

Post Number: 5658
http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_24&osCsid=c1a459306141 d9801972e7540dd8bef9 - SI Mag
http://www.audiojunkies.com/product_detail.php?cid=160&product_id=258 - SI Mag

http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDSeries.htm - Audioque HD

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=3500d - DD 3500

http://www.crystalmobilesound.com/subwoofers.htm - CompX
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/5465 - CompX

http://www.tcsounds.com/tc3000.htm - TC 3K

if you can't see them and their price with those website....i dunno man. lol:-)

except for the DD...oyu will have to find a dealer in your area(local shop) or call them if you don't have one and they will offer it to you %20 off of MSRP.

Bronze Member

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 13
Oh snaps, Muddy, i thought you were talkin about the Kicker Comp CVX, lol..was wonderin why that was in there with those awesome woofers..

For the DD you can check their forum and go to Market Place on the discussion board. http://forum.soundpressure.com

Some guy there was sellin a 3512 for 140 shipped, it ended up on ebay and he got a bit more out of it. But I've seen 2 new 9512's or 9515's there. Muddy, do you know the MSRP of a 9515?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5348
muddy just about covered all the good subs there and their websites. good job muddy.

end of thread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5661
well....

OH! sorry, the thread has been ended.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 5662
LEvon, $~700

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5349
no i was just messing around. lol. come on muddy post something else. please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5663
hope nobody saw that^^^ *sweating*

Bronze Member

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 14
Thanks Muddy...wow, I got an awesome deal then.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5664
on what Levon?

Bronze Member

Arcadia, CA

Post Number: 15
A few months ago I traded a guy in Colorado a 9515d (used) for a new Orion H2 12.2...the H2 cost me 200 on ebay. I had originally asked for a dual 4 ohm, but they sent me a dual 2 ohm, but they sent me two, not one...so i came up...I'm bout to sell the other H2 locally for about 175.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us