Alpine Vs Kicker

Username: Janitor

Post Number: 1
ALright now im very new to car audio but i want to know which would be a better all around speaker system for my 2000 camry. i can get either 2 Alpine Type R's (12") or 1 Kicker L7 (15") which would be loudest? sound best? most reliable? thanx guys

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2770
i think the alpines would be most reliable, but the kicker 15 in a slot ported box prob louder, it depends on amp, and box setup though.

Bronze Member
Username: Allstar13

Houtson, Texas

Post Number: 29
2 alpine type r's

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1573
the r's. but are you stuck on those two, there's plenty of other subs in the price range of those two that are better.

Bronze Member
Username: Allstar13

Houtson, Texas

Post Number: 30
they are ganna sound better and can get pretty loud but u need good box and amp

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5287
between the 2 i would take the type Rs. although the L7's would get louder but the alpines will sound better.

there are other subs you can look in to.

resonant engineering
treo engineering
digital designs
ascendant audio

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 369
Audioque http://www.audioque.com/aq/SD2_5_Series.htm

Post Number: 3
alright well im not stuck on those two they just seemed like something good to me...but like i said i hvae very little knowledge of car audio. my friend has 2 Kicker CVR's (12") in a ported show box and a poineer amp hooked up to it... i want mine to outdo his but i don't wanna spend much more than i would for 2 alpines or the L7. but im open to anything else...so if you have a suggestion suggest it! =D

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 370
how much would u spend on them???

Post Number: 4
well...these i can get offa ebay for around 220-250...so not TOO much more than that...im a little short on money seein as i just got my car 3 days ago >.<

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 371
what kind of amp do you have or are you looking at whats your budget for everything, wiring, box, head unit if you need one, subs and amp

Post Number: 5
i was plannin on gettin a 4 gauge wiring kit, allready got a head unit (sony CDX-GT200), not sure about a box ill prolly just go to a local audio store for that. the amp i currently have picked out is a Hifonics Brutus BXi1606D and then w/e subs. all of this hopefuly won't run too much more than 600-650$ if i get it all from ebay ;)

Silver Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 121
I have a 2000 Toyota Camry with a 600rms amp in it hooked up to a L5 i have experimented with the P2's, a kicker L5, one Type R, and 2 Type E's. I had the type E's first and i wasnt very impressed, so i got a Type R. then i got the P2's and they werent much louder than the type R. Then i got the L5 and it was a lot louder than the P2's and L5. If i were you i would go with the L7 and make sure you get the trunk Dynamted. Another thing, have them install the amp to the back of the rear seats. If you want even louder bass leave the rear seat down while your driving (plus the lights of the amp look cool at night) and it sounds a lot better than with the seat up. Lastly, if i were you id get a HO alternator bc (in my Camry) ive blown the rear brake light and my head lights dim like crazy when i have the bass blaring. (your eventually gonna bust your rear view mirror i have to adjust mine like every 5 seconds)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5291
there is re sx 15 on ebay and get a nice amp that puts out around 1200wrms. i will guarantee you will kill your friend's cvr system.

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 51
Alpine for sound quality and Kicker for spl ( sound pressure levels)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us