Hmmm subs facing forward or backwards now?

Bronze Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 74
alright i have a question i got my other sub box put in wired up the lights and it barely fit i had to take the backseats out to get it in and in total it took about 2 hours. now the sub in this box isnt wired up but the arsenal 15 in the other box is. i have the subs facing towards the trunk because it just got a lot louder from when it was facing towards the back of the seat. when i put this other box in though it dosnt allow the sound waves to bounce off the trunk and enter the cabin of the car as well as it did before. me question is that when i get my other sub in will it be louder just to redo the whole setup and make the subs face the back seat or keep it the way it is. i would just go ahead and experiment but i have a 2000 alero and fitting 2 15 inch boxes in there wasnt an easy task and it takes a good 2 hours to get it all out resituation it all. thank you all UploadUpload

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2295
i would just face it in it doesnt make it that much louder if you face it out you cut down on rattling facing it in so therefore it sounds better

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6519
the more structures that bass reflect's off of the better it sounds when it hit's your ear.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5480
agreed.

that is why the guy at my shop always said it was better to haveyour subs facing back then forward.....he also said it is louder(the bass) when the bass has to "Resonate" in your trunk before entering the cabin as well.....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5296
^^^^^^^100% perfect answer muddy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5484
thanks Chad.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 559
for sealed generally i agree. but i have had good experience with ported enclosures, pushed as far rearward as possible, with the sub and port facing forward.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9006
generally i too sat from experience say it sounds better facing backwards

however in some cases when the box is so big & takes up all the trunk then u have no real choice but 2 face it 4ward so that the air flows out freely

i would say try it both ways 2 see which way U prefer it best .....

Bronze Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 75
thanks for all the help it looks like ill have to try it both ways i think ill try to make some more space so that the sound can reach the front better. thanks for all the help

Gold Member

Post Number: 5488
it is all subjective....some people have better results with different setups in different vehicles...

personally...i agree with the loudest being with the subs facing back, but i also think they tend to sound cleaner facing forward b/c of less resonations in the car's body panels:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us