Problem...

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1456
ok. if i have my music somewhat loud (20/33 on headunit)and im not going over 2000rpms my lights are dimming pretty bad. i have a stinger SP1700 battery, 300amp alternator, big 3, and 2 runs of 1/0 gauge wire.

the other thing i dont get is im staying around 14.0-14.2volts...so its not making since to me.

ill do anything to fix it, its driving me crazy. the only things i can think of is adding another battery in the back or getting a cap. "help a brotha out".

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 910
how many wahts are u runnin....prolly just turn the volume down..

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1455
THIS IS THE SH!T I AM TALKING ABOUT, LOL.

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=4&post=840128#POST840128

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1456
Who wants to turn it down, I DON'T , HAHHAHHA..:-O

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1457
CAP BABY... :-O

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 912
lol...i wouldnt want to either but i was just sayin that might be the only way.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2761
if you have that stinger battery running the car, then you need to try another battery/cap in rear...like the exstatic batcap 400 or a kinetik battery...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5444
told ya Jake.:-)

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1457
thats what i was guessing but on paper i should be fine...so its kinda fed up. maybe im losing power somewhere from the battery to the subs. ive checked the 1/0 wire everywhere i can see it and it looks good so its just frusterating.

lol jayme why would i turn it down when i can just get something to fix it...

also im still at 14+ volts so shouldnt my lights work fine? haha this is a stumper.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3229
if your voltage drops ANY your lights are gonna dim...its that simple.

As long as your voltage is staying at a reasonable level...you will just have to learn to forget about it. (you pretty much cant get anything to 100%)

But...in your case (being that you have a good charging system) a cap prolly wouldnt hurt. Grab a $50 2farad on ebay and see if it helps...if not, sell it to a tard.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1458
yeah marshall i think im going to run to my audio shop and have them toss a cap in to see if it helps...if it does ill buy it. they did the install and it wasnt dimming a few weeks ago so they better fix it.

im also getting a little alternator whine..any ideas on how to fix that?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2296
this is all power factoring and you need to fix it thats what a cap does this is why they have them for car audio so when people say they are useless this i why you probably could try running another run of 1/0 gauge wire

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6521
A cap should help you regulate your voltage rail's. Cap's do work in car audio Only if your electrical system is strong enough to back it up. In your case Jake I would try that. As far as Alt whine it could be a bad ground, that could also be the reason for your light dimming so have your local shop check all their wiring.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1460
Funny thing is unless you are overpowering your alt or listening to it with the car off your batteries are useless! Think about it, all the voltage above your battery voltage is based on the alt NOT the batteries and unless voltage dips down into that region your battery has nothing to do with the supply other than supplying the alt itself with power and that can be done with a lawn tractor battery, lol..Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6524
EXACTLY! Polo:-) that is why I always wonder why all these people go and install 3 batteries in their car with a stock alt. Unless you play your stereo for hours at a time with the car off Alt is # 1 upgrade(always).

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5479
yay for me!!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6525
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums