Ported Box questions

Bronze Member
Username: Spidercoder

Post Number: 56
I had a box built for two ten inch kicker l7
I got a ported box the port was on the side only one side it seems the box is made just like this one pictured. I know they didnt order it because they built it the same day. But is it normal for a ported box to have the subs in the same chamber as each other and just one port. If i putmy hand through the port I can touch the magnet on one of the subs. The sub closest to the port opening is has wood behind it. I found this pic of this box on woofersetc and it looks like it is laid out the same. I know the some are in the same chamber. Im thinking if these subs were in seperate chambers ported it would be much louder. Please let me know what you guys think asap. I think this shop screwed me on my install because i didnt buy the subs and amps or componets from them. Let me know asap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Forgot to put pic of box . When I put my hand in the port I feel it is laid out just like this box. Is it a bad idea to have both the subs in the same chamber. I think it would be much better if they were ported in thier own chamber.Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Does anybody have any feedback for this ??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9002
from what i experimented with recently building my own slot port boxes 2 subs wit single chamber is louder than exact tuning/dimentions but each sub in own chamber . However each sub in its own chamber had better SQ .......

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 433
Common chamber with 1 port will the the loudest. Thats how i built a guy on heres box for his 2 12" L7. 6cubes@40hz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us