The Croc Hunter

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1482
To bad that someone who kicked so much azz died. The sting ray pierced through his rib cage and into his heart.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1243
wow thats crazy. he was sweet.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 123
after years of fighting crocs, he dies from a sting ray. pretty unlucky.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2290
ya my mom told me that earlier i cant believe that

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 870
thats sucks he was awsome.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 184
That does really suck. He has 2 little girls, that dont have a father now. He really was unlucky. It is very rare someone dies from a stingray, unless you get hit in a vital organ. Out of his entire body, it hits him in the heart.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 472
My wife told me this morning about 8. and I was like, yeah...its another one of those internet rumors or something, then I checked out crocodilehunter.com and the site is now only a statement saying what happened....damnit,man, he was so cool. I always figured if he did die from something, it would be either a croc and he was too slow, or maybe a snake envenomating him.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 474
OH and one more thing, in his rememberance,

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8814
that sux

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3368
that sucks. i never really liked him anyways because he pushed the envelope too much. yea, people like to see that, but it seemed he did it too much with the snakes etc.

thats why i like jeff corwin, hes funny, and hes alot more careful than steve.

:-(

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 127
jeff corwin is g@y and fake....steve irwin was a helluva man...all of his conservation efforts made a big difference in the world...i feel really bad for his family...he actually cared about animals and felt for them unlike corwin

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5402
my mom told me about that this morning as well..that sucks...cuz he left a family behind.:-(

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 748
yeah that really sucks my frined told me i couldnt belive it till i saw it on there website.

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 150
yeah...he was BADD @$$

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 664
my prares go out to him and his family, he had a wife and two little kids ,

thats sucks but sh*it happens

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6504
yeah man may he RIP:-( he ws the OG of that type of show. I loved his crazy, yet lovable(toward animal's) attitude. I couldnt imagine leaving my two kid's behind at that age. But I think of it lke this, atleast he died doing what he loved doing, and not getting hit by a car, or a heart attack or something like that, He went out in the blaze of glory. God bless him and his family.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9003
though i saw this thread earlier i did not open it but saw a similar thread on another forum just now so i now got the news - Upload

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1624
FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCK
this blows,,,, he had a lil girl to
and a wife
sh*it i seriously didnt no the guy but saw his show every day after soccer practice..:-(
sh*it man tht guy wuz a good guy

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 193
He was a real good guy, he did alot of conservation work. And was always doing something to try to save endangered or threatened animals. He had a strong passion and believed in what he was doing. Very commendable. One of the REAL, good guys in the world.

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1644
Whoa thats crazy i didnt know steve irwin died i use to alwayz watch his show like 5 years ago. O well dat sux.....

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 130
man i cant believe he is gone. my wife and i started watching him about the time we got married. he has been in our home many times via t. v.. it is like losing family and a close friend. i feel horrible for his family especially his wife. i would not even like to imagine losing my spouse. he will be deeply missed by millions of fans.

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 52
yea it was sad i found out from my mom at least he was doing what he loved

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1461
I agree.... He was awesome and this is indeed a one in a million chance for that to happen. I was carrying a SubZero SxS refer (680lbs) when my customer told me about it. Even though that dam fridge was heavy as hell I stopped and my helper yelling at me, "come on b@stard", lol. That was real sh!tty news indeed.... I dive quite freqently in the south atlantic region and run into sting rays all the time, I have never feared them as they are really docile creatures. I have always known never to touch one but they come up to you for a feeding, never have even been flicked by one. It was people like him (Jacque Cousteau sp) and many others that got me into it back in the 80's. I hope his family can be brought to peace quickly, I too would be lost without one of my family members... Polo.. :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 5481
when you read this...give a moment of silence in his honor....he really was a good man...no matter how crazy he seemed on TV.

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 752
POLO where do you give down here i dive often too off of jupiter and west palm, and sometimes in ft lauderdale. do you have a place down here to or just travel.

and i was thinking about getting a crock hunter tattoo in his memory or soemthing

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1048
people say he died doing what he loved, but im pretty sure he wouldve rather died from a croc or something not a dann stingray, poor guy, and damn i feel for his family and all my prayers will be goin out to them

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9007
dont hate me 4 saying this but i have never watched any of his shows in fact i dont really watch animal planet channel except every few mths i watch funniest animals

but anyway i fully know about/appreciate this guy & the dedication & love he had 4 his work/animals....R.I.P

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1463
Hey Mat, I have a place in Pompano, south of 16th (past the pier) right on the water. It is the Atlantis building by the Aegean. I do a little snorkeling there and do most of my heavy diving around Duck Key and South Beach. I dive a lot of the protected waters, really nice. It takes a lot to get use to, always something swimming around you at any given time, lol.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 765
idk about u guys but i was watchin one one off his shows last night and its just not the same any more

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 755
thats cool polo iv got osme family down in pompano and ftlauderdale. never really done any diving off miami. there are some nice reefs and recks up here too. it sucks lobster season opened up like a month ago and i still havnt been out :-(

i just watched the crock hunter and damn its just sad. he was there with his little girls and stuff

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3374
jeff corwin wasnt the fake one. i did like steve irwin back in his younger days and then he ruined it for himslef by starting the dumb azz movie with him in it and ever since then, i didnt care for him.

jeff corwin has wayy better sense of humor and doesnt take the stupid chances like irwin made. Irwin seemed to hype EVERYTHING UP wayyyy to much, and thats why i thought he was fake.

i still lked him, but i was tired of seeing the same old crocoldiles and the same ol' bad humor that he brought to every show. jess corwin is still my fav, haha, and if you dont think he doesnt do alot of conservation work, look him up, and you will be extremely surprised. A little less that irwin, thats all. Took too many dangerous chances IMO, and one of them, went wrong :-( :-( great guy tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 5505
you talk down about him...and then at the end...you say "great guy tho"....nice.:-(

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3383
lol. no, i am not talking down to him really. i was saying how i used to like him so much, and then he just kind of ruined his carrer. i always liked him a ton before, i just like corwin more. its not like i am glad he died, its a horrible things, expecialy for his children. just because i didnt like his sense of humor, doesnt mean he wasnt a good overall guy :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 5513
:-(

it is just a sad time man....all is forgiven.

xoxo:-)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3387
:-)

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 336
Just remember the good times watching his show.. The time he was squatting down over a rock, then realized there was a rattler right between his legs, haha, he looked so nervous. And the time he took the TV crew in as his wife was having their baby. That guy was great, and will be missed. I notice quite a few people on msn are putting the turtle emoticon in front of their name, hopefully not as a joke, but in remembrance of a all around good guy.

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 337
Just remember the good times watching his show.. The time he was squatting down over a rock, then realized there was a rattler right between his legs, haha, he looked so nervous. And the time he took the TV crew in as his wife was having their baby. That guy was great, and will be missed. I notice quite a few people on msn are putting the turtle emoticon in front of their name, hopefully not as a joke, but in remembrance of an all around good guy.

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 204
RIP Steve Irwin, You will be remembered as a great man who loved his family and his animals. May you always find water and shade.

I just wish I could have met you.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 824
Yeah,, he was a great guy. i would always watch his crazy as*,, its really sad to see him go and now when i see reruns of his show i cant watch um.. its a great loss, i feel so bad for his wife terri and daughter bindi and son bob.. his was probably he only show i followed closely just because you never knew what that nigguh was gonna do next and i hope he RIP ... its not just a loss to conservation efforts but a loss to mankind its self, ive always considered people to be Pure Sh*t for many reasons but i would have had to say that Irwin was one of those that are in the catagory of those genuinely good people that are just so Rare

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 938
i guess they say if he wouldnt of pulled the stinger thing out he would of survived...but everybody prolly would of done that too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us