New speakers for a boat, what do you think?

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 202
Hi all, i just thought i would get some opinions and what you think would sound good in a boat. I have a 2001 ls2000 yamaha jet boat with a broken kenwood deck and speakers. Two speakers on the tower, two in the middle of the boat by your knees on the sides where the driver and passenger sit and then two right behind to each side of the driver and passenger chairs. I dont do alot of crazy stuff in my boat so where these speakers are located they wont get wet. I also dont need a huge , killer system ( i got my truck for that) so only one amp to power everything, the 2 front and 2 tower speakers wired to 2 ohms on the front channel and then the other 2 rear spkrs just running on 4 ohms,and since i wont be using a sub but still wanting some bass i think a powerful pair of midbass speakers right behind the chairs would be ideal. Also, the cheaper the better. I was thinking of mb quart or diamond audio for the 2 tower speakers and the front speakers or whatever you guys recommend and do you think i should use a set or midbasses or just stick with coaxils behind the chairs? thanks for your replies!

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1076
Two Words:

Diamond Audio:-)

http://www.diamondaudio.com/products/index.cfm?page=productList&type=29&line=1&m odel=

Sorry, these aint cheap, but they will do you right.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1204
if you can spend the cash get the JL components for in the boat and coax for the towers. Run a JL A6450 and call it a day. Is that Yamaha that has two jet motors on it. We had one for a guy a month ago that had one and we did a killer setup on it. We put two 10in JL marine subs one on each side under the side seats, replaced the normal speakers with Alpine ones and added two dual speaker towers to it. Loud and clears as mess.

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 203
Thanks for the replies guys. Alteraudio, yeah man it has two jet motors in it but i am not sure if it was the same boat you did before. My boat is about 20 ft long and is a 2001 ls2000, they also make a larger jet boat about 23 ft in length called an ar 230 and ar230 HO. Do you remember what model boat it was? Instead of the jl amp what about a 4 channel mtx or jbl amp and running two ohms to the tower and front spkrs and bridge the rears to a single 10 in. jl marine sub and then run the coaxials off the Headunit?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us