Air leak in box

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 39
ok so i just built a new box and used a different wire cup terminal thing than i normally use and it was completely full of air leaks. i was like forget it so i just caulked all around it and i can still kinda hear some air leaking out of it. i put more caulk in it and duct taped over it and im gonna see if that fixes it, but i have a question about it. when i push the center of my sub in a lil (12" rl-p) it pulls back out slowly. is it because there is still an air leak in the box? im thinking about just buying a prefab box cuz its just sealed, it just makes me mad cuz ive used the same terminal cups with no problems but they didnt have them this time so i got a new one and its all messed up. ill prob end up getting a new box anyways but i was just wondering if its normal for the sub i have to push back out kinda slowly when you push the cone in. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5209
maybe it just has a loose suspension?

i don't see how that would make the subs suspension any different unless the subbox was sealed. cus it shoudln't matter if the sub is in a ported box.

Bronze Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 22
I was reading the manual for my kicker and it stated that when you push the cone in while the sub is in a sealed box it should take about 5 seconds for the cone to come back to normal if the box is sealed good. im guessing this applies to any type of sub in a sealed box

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 40
o ok yea it is in a sealed box so i guess thats a good thing that it is doing that. i had a ported box before so im not used to that. i guess its pretty sealed now not hearing any air leaks. thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 558
if caulking won't do it get you some fiberglass resin and fill in the terminal until its flush on the inside of the box.. make sure to leave room for the output prongs are not covered :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us