This......power?......

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 811
i have on of these it is 2channel, whats the power at 2 channer, i cant find it anywhere...http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=235

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6463
it's not a 2 channel amp, it's a mono amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 813
but it has 2 channels.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 406
No, that model is Mono, can you show a link for a 2 channel model? I even checked on the JBL website, and cant find a 2channel model of that amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 407
Are you sure? or does it just have two sets of lugs so you can hook up two subs to it. Some companies do that just to make it easier than trying to crimp two sets of wires together to fit in one lug.

Silver Member

Post Number: 814
then it may jus have 2 sets, so if i have 2 dvc 4ohm subs and it has 2 channels, and the amp is not 1ohm stable, does that mean i can wire each sub to 2ohms and conect them the each channel?

Silver Member

Post Number: 409
LOGAN, I just Googled that amp and found a pic that shows the hookups, yes it does have 2 sets of lugs, but it is a MONO amp. so you only have one channel.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6464
no logan that would present a 1 ohm load unless you wire them to 8ohms each then to the amp it would be a 4 ohm load.

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
oh and its 424 watts unless you have 14.4 volts going to it (who the hell has a 14.4volt battery?>lol) I get confused about wiring when it comes to dual voice coils, so maybe someone who knows more will be able to tell you how to wire it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
ok, this is confusing, I'm looking at the specs on the JBL website, it says 424watts at 4ohms, and 580watts at 20hms with a 14.4volt power supply, then a little farther down it says "Dynamic Power", whatever that is , is 580volts at 4ohms....???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us