Clarion DRZ?

Bronze Member
Username: Theforgottenman

Post Number: 63
Ever heard of the Clarion DRZ9255? I read that it was the aftermake of the DRX9255... Do you think this is worth getting? Better then the Alpine 9815?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4726
Yeah, it's the new model of the DRX.

Great sound quality no doubt, but lacking in some features such as mp3 playback etc. Of course from a pure SQ point of view it wouldn't be a big deal, but for daily driving, that kind of thing would bug me.

It would definitely sound better than the Alpine CDA-9815. But again, the Alpine would have more features.

A member on this board, Fishy, had the DRZ9255 a while back, but after not more than a year the CD mech went bad and he ended up getting a different unit. He claimed it was the best head unit he had ever heard, but was disappointed with the quality of the CD mech. Not sure if that helps, but something to consider.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5154
///////Ilpine....sucks.:-)

i was just reading on another board about how some people think the alpine decks clip too easily...i am not sure about that though.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4730
Whoa, Muddy dissing on Alpine? :-)

They have a good sound, maybe a little over-processed, but still not bad. I used to have a CDA-7893 and it didn't have clipping problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us