Kicker zx1000...AMP HELP

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1214
does anyone have or had a kicker zx1000? i want to set the gain for 4v clarion head unit. all the way to the left is 0, and all the way to right is 11 on the gain setting on amp. so im guessing i need to do a little less than half??

i was thihking my last amp was just the opposite. i had it at 4 (a little under half way from the left) and it got loud really slow. can anyone help??? im not understanding the gain on the amp...the instruction book sucks.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1542
there's dash's on the gain right? if so each dash is equal to 1.833333333v, so you'll want to set it about 1/4 of the way past the 2nd dash, between the 2nd and 3rd. if i'm right on the amount of dash's on it.

or take it to a shop if you don't have a dmm and have them set it.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5092
on most amps...the gain goes from left to right lower input voltage to higher input voltage.

so i would try increasing it until it gets kind of sloppy and then backing it down a bit if you can't get it right on man.

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1215
mike just to get it straight, i need to do between 2nd and 3rd dashs from the left side right?

i could swear my last 2 amps were different.

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1217
when i set it to what i thought was around 4 volts earlier, it sounded really quiet. my subs used to get really LOUD around 15 on HU,and the speakers were keep up too good. it seems now its getting its loudest at like 23-25.....hmmm. lol i liked it before when it was 15...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1543
yeah. 0 should be on the left, so move it slowly to the right, towards 11. when your at the second dash it should be at 3.6666666666666666666666666666667v, so you'll then want to move it up 1/6 (sorry, wrong the first post) of the distance between the second and third dash and that should put you at approx. 3.9722222222222222222222222222216v. give or take:-)

that is if your gain is set up with the # of dash's i think it has. count from left to right, and if the 6th is marked at 11, your good.

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1219
I think this is a pretty good question....

on the kicker amp 0 is all the way on the left, and 11 is all the way on the right. i think that it is messed up. i dont think that these numbers mean volts?????

this is why: if you set ur hu to volume 10, ur amp will produce more power at 1 volt, than 5 volts. because raising the gain, means lowering voltage. lowering the voltage means that you are making the amp more sensitive.

because if i set HU to volume 10, and on the amp at around 0 it is really quiet, and whne u turn the knob closer to the number 11, it gets louder....meaning more sensitive.

so i wonder if 11 means minimum voltage (125mv i think), and 0 is the max...10 volts.

im pretty sure lol.

because the manual even says that the gain control goes from 125mv - 10 volts. it says nothing about 11 volts!!!

can anyone back me up on this???

Gold Member

Post Number: 5114
whoa dude...that is weird.

i would email Kicker...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5140
just use a dmm. you can't go wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5145
WORD>^^^^^^

i need one. how much are they in general??

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5143
i bought a cheap one at radio shack for $23. it works well. btw you have to buy the battery separately which is another $5.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5148
oh ok.
i may have to check that out one day.

thanks chad.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5145
you're welcome man.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 719
yeah i got a dmm at homedepot for around 20 probly cheaper then radioshak.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us