Xmax

Bronze Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 77
ok, not even the crossfire employees know what is going on... can ANYONE tell me what the xmax for a crossfire xt212 is?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5071
they have 2.2" of P2P.

so ~27.94mm of xmax...<--very general.

if i am not mistaken....P2P is xmech...which is the actual mechanical excursion limit....aka not linear...hitting top and botom plate.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
28mm?! i figured alot less... well, i just needed it to put it in the blank for xmax in the free ported subwoofer plans link...

well this is what im going for then...

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=42.5&Eh=14&Dia=6&Xmax=27.9 4&Vd=.15&NumW=1&Vb=3.15&Fb=31&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

thanks muddy...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5080
like i said...it is probably less than 28, b/c P2P normally isn't linear....or maybe it is for them, i dunno...i think P2P is a very vague term, b/c it doesn't describe which it is. oh well. lol

that sub is gonna WANG in that box.
way to follow diretions instead of just picking a sub box size otu of yur a**. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
thank you... this speaker is brand new and i got it for 50 bucks because it was dropped to the ground at about 1 foot and landed right on the lip around the cone, it cracked 2 of the 12 legs on the basket but shouldnt effect it any phisically... i have pushed down on the cone and it feels perfect and it works when powered, i cant wait to get it in a box...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5087
post pics when you get it done man!!!:-O

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 533
yea.. i've got a memphis lvs 15" that was in a car accident and a piece of the upper basket around the surround was broke off, about 3 inches of it. The whole surround was unglued as well but I fixed it with some gorilla glue and a paint stirring stick. i could post pictures if anyoner wants for the hell of it lol. the only drawback is you have to use a sealant when you drop it in a box to make it seat to the wood perfect because the repaired part of the basket is not the same width but all in all it works good and takes a beaten.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
i sure will... i gotta get a good amp for it first... it wont be too long though...

also, were you saying 2.2"=27.94mm? i dont know mm, but if that is the case then it is probably closer to 14mm maybe... because the bmf that i got says 14mm, but i dont know what the P2P excursion for the bmf is...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5095
2.2" is peak to peak.

so i found what that was in millimeters, and divided it in half.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
yeah kevin, i was planning to use a descent amount of rope caulk when it goes in the box, i was thinking about it not seating flush already because where it landed, it is bent down maybe 3/16"... but when i mount it, it should bend back to normal and seal with the rope caulk...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
oh, ok muddy, thats good enough for me, i will go with that...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us