Loudest sub/subs setup at 1000wrms

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 224
One of my friends is looking to buy a system. His budget is about $500 for either one or two 15 or 18 inch subs. He Just wants it to be loud, but it should sound decent as well. As a reference he heard a system i did with 2 12" kicker L7s and he thought the sound quality of those was fine but the sound wasnt loud or deep enough. Whatever he gets will be put in the recommended size box(up to 6 cubes b/c im guessing thats about how much room he has in his trunk) and the amp will be bought to match the sub/subs.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4992
what was the box with the L7's tuned to??

i would check out some Audioque SD2.5 15's.

that will be way under budget.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 264
500 just for subs or sub and amp???????????????????????????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
Just subs, and im not sure what that box was tuned to, it was a pre-fab slot ported box. That kid bought the stuff and paid me to put it in so thas what happened.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4995
lol.

anyting you build that is custom enclosed will prob beat the pants off of 2 l7's in a prefab. unless the box was tuned to like 45hz. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 265
i too would look into audioque lol nothing new there but check out the hd3 line only 350 or so for a 15" and get a rf T2000 from sonicelxtronics for like $700
if that seems a little pricey than look at the SD2.5 15's

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3223
i'm going w/ muddy...2 Audioque SD2.5 15's w/ ~1000wrms would be nice. And they are only $150+ship each!

H3ll of a good deal, IMO.

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
Are those audioque subs really that good that nobody even recommends anything else? And which would be louder, the 2 SD2.5s or one HD3?

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1039
memphis M3's 15s, give em a 1500d he wil jizz

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
He has memphis M3 12s right now so hes looking for something a little different.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
Any other suggestions? A comparison would be nice. Especially since he didnt like the look of those subs, and i kinda agree with him b/c based on looks alone since i havent heard these subs the cone material looks kinda weak.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5059
i doubt very much that the memphis' build quality is anywhere NEAR that of audioque's.

considering Audioque is hand-built in the same buildhouse as DD....if you didn't notice the similarities.

Username: Ameboy14

Post Number: 8
I have a Memphis MOJO 12" with a Orion 2400D hooked up to it, and it's pretty loud, that would be under his $500 budget. Just a thought

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5107
RE SX

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5108
oh btw if he buys a re sx then he will have a little money left over to buy the epicenter. that will help with the low and deep bass he wants.

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
I know the sx would be a lot cleaner sounding than the mojo but how would they compare SPL wise? Both at 1000wrms b/c i have seen people give mojos a lot more than that, and heard about people giving the sx more than that on here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us