Crazy Video...

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 278
To those of you who have never seen a mag in person. Just wanted to show you why I think so highly of them. And remember, this is one of the best sounding subs I have ever heard, and it still gets a THIS loud.

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/bigbassloyd/?action=view&current=S5000227 .flv

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4968
nice.:-)

that guy jumped at the beginning. lol

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 279
Yeah, it was pretty funny. And those are the 12's by the way off of an IA 20.1 at .5 ohms.

I am going with a setup very similiar to that. 2 15 inch mags, with a SAZ-1500d at .5 ohms. Should be even louder!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4972
somehow...i don't find the need for that much SPL in a daily driving setup. lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5100
that's some crazy sh!t right there. i want a mag now.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3222
Alan Jackson is the shiznit :-)

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 280
I can't wait to get the 2 15's ported and installed. It should be pretty loud for a mustang.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 142
The only problem with S.I. Mags is waiting for them.I waited forever to get the 4 that I wanted and the date on them kept getting pushed back...although I didn't want to...I took my business elsewhere.Tell Kevin I said sorry but I just couldn't wait any longer.Maybe in the future I'll pick up some mags for something else but I dunno.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5003
^^ouch...

i hate waiting for my friggin sub at subway...i would have been mad also.

there are always complications with the smaller companies, it seems like sometimes they can't keep up with the business they receive, or problems with the suppliers of parts and what not.:-(

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1479
what alan jackson song is that?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 282
No, he just wanted KEvin to order close to $2000 worth of subs for him, before we had any kind of commitment from him. If he sumbitted an order for 4 mags, he would have had them within a week.

Smaller companies can't submit orders for LOTS of money, just because someone says they might want the subs. I could tell them I wanted 8 SI mags, then do you think they should just order them? The next day I could say I bought some sony explodes, and then the company would be out thousands. But either way you are the one missing out completely.

But I doubt Kevin will care very much. After seeing that video, I hope you got something real good. Because as far as SQL goes, your setup won't be worth a shi* compared to 4 mags.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3224
That is The Blues Man....a tribute to Hank Jr.

(sounds like its screwed though)

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 148
Well I guess my setup is shi± :-( But I didn't lose money low-hz did.My money is spent.I wasn't about to give money for a product you didn't have,I'm sorry Andy.I also spoke to Kevin a bunch of times,I'm not some kid that's messing around about ordering the products...and for the record it was $2610 that was going towards low-hz, sorry but it went to someone who had product in stock.Being the only distributor for Mags you should have plenty in stock shouldn't you?If you want I can post all the e-mails of Kevin telling me they were out of stock.Just let me know...and I was still considering buying some mag's in the future but you aren't much of a businessman talking like that are you?Anyhow I can't hear through that video so it proved nothing about the SQ of the subs, although I like the Mags.Regardless right now I would be missing out because had I paid in full for the order I wanted the subs would still be out of stock lol!As for Kevin not caring much oh well, I apologize to him anyways, he seemed like a good guy and was trying to get me a good deal but had no product to do it with.I really did want the mags but I won't pay for products you don't have.Thanks for spending your time reading this Andy,I appreciate low-hz's time.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 284
Me a businessman. Not at all. I just know the guys at Low-hz and like their products. So I can talk however I would like.

Furthermore, I talked with Ben (The owner) and he said they would have been shipped out next day if you had ordered 4 mag 12's. SI can drop ship whenever they Low-Hz needs them to, especially to get people products who have deadlines.

And sorry for saying your setup is shi*. But, ordering somethhing just because it is in stock seems stupid to me. I mean lets say it did take a week to ship the mag 12's out, and then you will have subs you won't need to upgrade for years. Instead you have subs a few days earlier, that aren't as good, that you probably payed a ton for. That makes no sense. I can tell you right now you can pick up some sony subs at BB and they are always in stock, if you want to go that route. Some people I just don't understand.

And I have heard the mags, and the SQ is amazing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5031
drive to ocala and let me sample these marvels:-)

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 149
Why do you compare Mags to sony subs?Lol.That's comparing apples to oranges.That's actually kind of sad,you should at least compare the mags to subs that are good...not some cheap sony's.Is it really that hard to stock 4 mags in your warehouse?The place I work stocks millions and millions of dollars of product not knowing whether it will sell or not,I know Low-hz is on a smaller scaled but I think they should carry quite a few mags on hand considering they are the primary and only distributor or did SI find another distributor?Funny thing is I started talking to Kevin about subs on the 25th of July and the Mags were out of stock then,it is now a month later and they were still out of stock the last time I had heard from Kevin, which was about 5 days ago.I've had problems with paying for products that were backordered and waiting forever to get what I paid for,that's why I chose not to give payment first.Here's what Kevin said "Hey bud, we had to wait a little bit for Mag's. He had to get more stock out of other warehouse. But they should have got shipped out today or will be shipped tomorrow. So I'll be emailing you begining of next week to let ya know they are in. Sorry bout the wait, usually it isnt this bad, but man everyone has got a SI bon3r haha. OH, the amps will be in tomorrow for sure if you want to get them as well."

Kevin

Read the part where he says "usually it isnt this bad," it was quite a wait.:-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 5062
alright guys....we get the point. lol

arguing over this is pointless...it is all after the fact.

you are happy with your Solo X robert, that is all that matters.

and Showrides got offensive b/c he thinks very highly of them and thought you were p00ping on them over a trivial issue of sorts....peace be with you both.:-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5109
no matter how many times i look at that vid, it looks awesome. killer excursion. damn.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 285
what subs did you buy robert?

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 150
I think some of the videos on ROE show the excursion of the mags much better though :-) I love how far they move out, looks sick.I bought a single Solo X powered by a MMATS amp.To be honest Andy, right now I wouldn't benefit from the SQ of the mags anyways :-( I have way too much roof flex and rattle, it really ruins the SQ of any sub.I'm gonna be picking up some Edead real soon,low-hz doesn't carry Edead do they?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 286
So you were going to spend around $2600, but instead bought a system for probably about half that price. That just seems strange to me. Why would you do such a HUGE downgrade?

Also, what do you mean the SQ of the mags wouldn't help? Of course it would help. Even with flexing and shaking throughout the entire car, atleast the bass coming out of the subs would be clean. Clean sounding subs, in a terrible install, will sound better than crappy sounding subs in a terrible install.

I think you should still look into those mags further. But maybe go with a pair instead.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 152
A pair of Mags wouldn't be enough SPL wise :-( Lol I wish it was half the price.My amp is pretty much priceless and that's all you need to know :-)It's far from a downgrade.I would probably blow a mag to pieces doing stupid stuff such as pushing them too hard.As far as the sound being better it wouldn't lol had I bought 4 mags I would have just as much rattle as I do now and it doesn't sound pretty,maybe even more rattle,maybe more SPL overall but who knows.Before I would be able to take advantage of the Mags I would have to have no roof flex and no rattle whatsoever inside the car.My point is the clean sound coming out of the subs is useless when it rattles the entire car to the point of hearing all rattle and not hearing the clean bass anymore.Edead?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 287
I am wasting my time on you. You are a dumb*** with a type X. Have fun playing with your priceless amp haha. I am sure I have had many that are better, and why the hell would anyone buy a high end exspensive amp for a dam* type X. That is just stupid.

/thread.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 565
is that song got all the bass? or was there a booster thing or sumthin use? thast pretty sweet. i would like to know what that song is.

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 67
Robert I emailed you to let you know that we were having a little time delay and no response from you. I cannot hold 4 subs for someone who doesn't reply to me. If you have responded you would have 4 mags right now, and you also did not respond knowing that your amps were ready to ship out now. So I am stuck with 2 P3000.1's. To get a great sub, it may take a few days. To all future customers, we should not have a delay as before with mags. We are trying to keep up with demand for you guys. If I can help you contact me.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Robert sorry for your issues.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5124
great to hear man. now tell si to make some 18s please.

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 68
That would be kinda mean wouldn't it. Only thing about 18's, you have to make a large first order, and it is rare to sell one compared to other sizes. I will ask for you though and see what kind of answer I get.

Kevin

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 153
Andy you really need to learn how to read.I said Solo X,not type X.You should learn the difference between the two before you call anyone a dumb @ss,you're making yourself look illiterate.As for you saying "I am sure I have had many that are better" if they were anything great you would still have them.Checkmate.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5219

quote:

Checkmate.

that is classic. lol

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 288
Still waiting to here what your priceless amp is. But for some reason you don't seem to want to mention it.

And who gives a shi* what subs you got. When it comes down to it, you are a moron for picking up a sub that was said to be in stock, over one that would have taken a week to get to you.

And you are the illiterate one. Before I said something to the effect of, why didn't you just go with a Sony sub if you wanted something in stock. And you freakin* right back, those subs aren't even on the same level. so you are having some trouble yourself.

So here, let me sum up all the stupid things you have said so far.

1. I have a priceless amp.
2. It doesn't matter that my sub sounds like shi*, because my car rattles a lot.
3. Sony/SI are not on the same level.
4. I bought a sub that wasn't as good, just because I was told it was in stock.

Game/Set/Match you SMF'er!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5270

quote:

Game/Set/Match you SMF'er!!!

touche big dog!!:-):-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 737
haha this is a battle of epic proportions

Gold Member

Post Number: 5288
indeed.Upload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5201
i have to agree with showrides on one thing. that is why wouldn't you get a nice sounding sub cause your car rattles too much.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 154
Well chad it wouldn't matter how great the sub sounds when you hear rattle of the entire vehicle over the clean bass.That's my point on that.I'm more into SPL than SQ, meaning that I don't care that much for SQ but it's still nice to have.Showrides you're how old?You act pretty immature,name calling and all."Still waiting to here what your priceless amp is. But for some reason you don't seem to want to mention it. " Learn how to read...I said what kind of amp I am running, if you could read you would know what amp I am running.By the way,you wouldn't believe this but there is another word spelled "hear" and although it sounds the same as "here" they are actually two different words with different meanings,pretty amazing isn't it?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 289
You are pretty good at correcting grammar and trying to figure out how old people are. If only you spent more time researching car audio, instead of picking apart my sentences you might have a decent setup.

So now you are changing your story to SQ doesn't matter, instead of saying the SQ of the sub doesn't matter since I have too much rattle anyways. Also, now all of a sudden you are a SPL guy. From now on I am just going to call you scottie J. haha.

So why don't you look for some spelling mistakes in this post, and maybe that will make you sub sound a little better ;)

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 155
I found one! "So why don't you look for some spelling mistakes in this post, and maybe that will make you sub sound a little better ;)" I sure didn't have to look very long.I never said sq doesn't matter but I care more for SPL than SQ and I don't get very good sq because my vehicle has extreme roof flex.It doesn't matter what subs I use until I fix my roof with E-dead,I know the mags have great SQ but when everything rattles I can't take advantage of the SQ.Can you enlighten me who Scottie J. is?

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 744
fighting online is pointless...end it here

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 560
I agree wit robert, if hes happy wit his Set up now then wats it matter if he dint get the Mags?

Anyways, can sumone give me a lil info on the Mags? I'm still lookn for sumthin to pair with me orion 2500d. How many watts, enclosure, etc.?

Bronze Member
Username: Likeapuma

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 16
I've wanted to hear a mag in person for a little while now. I think they are very nice subs but unfortunately they are WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY to expensive.

-C

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 292
www.Low-Hz.com

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 156
Mag's aren't expensive at all,compare them to a JL W7.I think the mags are actually a better sub though.There's too much hype with JL,although they do make nice subs but I don't think I would pay the price for them.

Bronze Member

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 17
Yeah, i'm just a poor college student, so 450 plus shipping is a lot for me, especially when you can get an FI BTL for 350 shipped. But I'm sure mag's are great subs, and if people will pay 450 then more power to em. That's what the free market is all about.

-C

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8782
review i wrote a while ago...

k...heard a Mag for the first time today....at the Incriminator Audio place....and for the price its not worth it...really.....I think they where $500+tax

They had 1 next to a Death Penalty...and the DP just hand the mag its as.s in output.....the mag couldnt get louder but the DP just kept getting louder and louder....

The only thing the mag had over the DP was the SQ...honestly it is 1 of the best i have heard to date....in the same league as the IDMAX, w6v2, comp,etc.. all of which could be had at a lesser price...so im still not seeing that price for these subs...

spl: 7 out of 10
sq: 9 out of 10

Most sounds like the Eclipse TI......

any ?uestions hit me up....and i will let u no whats up...

Bronze Member

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 18
Anyone have a BM? What do you think of it?

-C

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 294
READ THIS

I sent the owner of Low-Hz.com the link above talking about the mag compared to the IA DP. Here is his response.

"Well as you know I am an authorized IA and SI dealer, so I have had a lot of expieriance with both drivers. As far as comparing the two, that doesn't make much sense at all. The DP is a SPL oriented driver, while the mag is a SQL driver. It is quite obvious that the DP is going to have more output, but that is why I am also an authorized IA dealer. I carry IA for the basshead/SPL people, and SI for the SQL people. But comparing the two in output, would only be done my someone who doesn't know much about either driver.

A mag doesn't get as loud as a RE MT, but does that mean it isn't worth the pricetag? Not at all. The mag is meant to be compared with similiar SQL driver like the XXX, and the W7 series from JL. Subs that get loud, while still retaining good SQ. And as far as doing both, it is by far the best sub I have ever worked with to date.

Also, I am not sure what was wrong with the mags output, but most likely it was due to lack of knowledge on the installer. Just today a pair of mag 12's hit 152 db's on a TL in the kick. So for subs that were made to have great SQ, I don't know how anyone can argue with that output. A TL doesn't lie, and it was 100% legal, so there is nothing else to it. They do get loud.

But like I said, of course there is louder for the money. Right now I got a guy hitting around 155 db's with a single DMX 12, and that is only $450 shipped to your door. Same price as a mag, but gets a lot louder. But that doesn't mean it is a better sub than the mag. I sell 10 mags for every DMX sub, just because 99% of the people out there, want something that gets VERY loud, but still sounds great. Not everyone is looking for pure SPL.

I hope that helps to clarify things for you.

Ben"

Also, the BTL is the same thing. You are comparing apples to oranged chauncey.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 157
Damn you ANDY!You stole my line!!!I mentioned comparing apples to oranges lol,you b@stard!What kind of vehicle was the single DMX in when it hit 155?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 295
It was in a jeep. I could find out more if you are interested.

Sorry man for stealing the line, it just seemed to fit :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5360
nice read.

he kinda got you there chauncey....

besides chauncey...i know your secret:-)

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 613
i know it to muddy told me

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 296
What is his secret?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5376
he is a Low-Hz rep.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 632
hehe

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 298
So? He was badmouthing the mags. I don't get it myself haha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5378
he wasn't...you saw what he said^^^^

but he is a rep...so he can get them at a better price than the regular online consumer..just like you:-)

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 299
Well it looked like he was comparing the output of a SQL sub to a SPL sub and complaining because it wasn't louder. Then he said they weren't worth $500 plus tax. I know tax is included on Low-Hz, but still how can he say that, when similiar subs sell for $700+?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5242
after hearing chauncey's review i think the mags are awesome. 2 15s off of a single 2500wrms amp in my car would sound awesome. i think i found my new sub setup for next month.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 159
I guess you aren't getting that jug anymore?What are you going to do with your 18 that you have right now?

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 186
^^^He is gonna leave it in a jack in the box bathroom. lol

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 879
or leave it in the park....for someone to find...lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5259
lol. i am just thrwing out ideas on my next setup. no matter what i get i always want to try something different.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5403
just think of all the money you would save if you quit spending it on car audio:-)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8833
"but still how can he say that, when similiar subs sell for $700+?"

what sub??? i cant think of any sub that i would pay that much for...well yes i can..lol...

also not once in my review did i say the mag was a bad driver....i gave it credit for what it was...i guess people get mad for someone being honest...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5410
lol^^^

what sub Chauncey???

MSRP for the CompX???

or someting elz i danno abat.<ghetto speak lolol

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 311
Chauncey, the W7!!!

If you knew anything about SI, you would know that the mags are constantly compared to the JL Audio W7's. If you look on SI's official forum, you can find a ton of threads about it.

And even though people are always saying they like it better than the W7's, it is still a $700 sub that many consider to be very similiar to a mag.

It wasn't that difficult to figure out.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8845
""but still how can he say that, when similiar subs sell for $700+?"

And where are the rest??? u said subS..as in more then 1...nobody likes the w7 for real...and we are talking about msrp...??

and u wanna no why they compare the 2?? because they are really close in every catogory...the mag doesnt blow the w7 out of the water like around 9-10 subs i can think of right now..that are $500 or less....

btw: i think i just sold some mags to Chad..lol...he liked my review...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5315
i did like your review on that chauncey. but if you guys keep comparing the mag to the w7 then i have my doubts. w7 didn't really impress me.

Bronze Member

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 22
Exactly, Chauncey never compared the mag to an SPL sub. He used the Incriminator for a reference to show that the mag was not for SPL, then he compared it to other SQL subs in it's class like, the IDMAX, the Crystal, ect. All of the subs he listed are way less money than the mag and at least as good.(And I wasn't that impressed with the W7's either.) And by the way I meant the FI Audio Q series, which is only 260 shipped, not the BTL.

-C

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 312
Chad, just go check out SSA and you will see that everyone who has heard both, has liked the Mag better. There are quite a few threads about it.

And Chauncey when saying it doesn't blow it out of the water, what are you talking about? In output or Sq? 2 12's are hitting around 152 db's, so the mags are getting VERY loud for SQL subs, and as far as SQ goes, most people will agree that the mags DO sound much better.

In output, I would say it is fairly tight, but as far as SQ goes I think the mags really do hand it to the W7's. So not sure which catagory you were talking about.

Not to mention, after owning and installing many W7's I have noticed some problems with it. I found that the BL is just too low, for the heavy suspension, therefore causing the lack of SQ in the driver. That was just the biggest problems I noticed with the driver.

And what do you mean msrp? I go buy what they sell for online, and wooferetc, sells the 13W7 for $700, and that has around the same cone area as a 15" mag. Also, I an not picking places like tweeter either, since wooferetc doesn't have high markups on their products. So that is against a very competitive company.

So I think that was a VERY good comparison. Also, I was referring to the MK3 Adire Tumults, which I had the pleasure of testing out, and those pretty much sounded awful. They got loud enough, but for a $700 sub the SQ just wasn't there at all, even with the XBL motor. But I won't say too much about that, since I believe their buildhouse was having some issues. But I am sure if I thought about it, I could name other exspensive subs, that just don't perfrom as well.

I am just saying all of the JL W7 subs that sell in the $700 range, have nothing on the mags, so to me if W7's are selling for $700, then the mag are worth $700 too. Just luckily they sell for only $500.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5320
showrides i know the you are comparing it to the w7 cause it can outperform at a lower cost. i am just simply saying mentioning the 2 subs in a same conversation just cheapens the mag for me thats all.

now if you were to say the mag is comparable in sq to the re xxx (older model) or the treo ssi then i would be like damn thats nice.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8854
"2 12's are hitting around 152 db's, so the mags are getting VERY loud for SQL subs, and as far as SQ goes, most people will agree that the mags DO sound much better."

Not in a daily setup...there is really no point in using a sql driver in a spl comp setup....

and yes i agree the mags sq is light years ahead of a w7...(imo sloppy)...i think i said it up there somewhere...

and Chad...very similar to a ssi..a bit louder though....but not in the same league as the 05 XXX

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 313
Not in the same league as the 05 XXX? Dude, just forget it haha. If you kept up to date at all, you would see there are atleast 5 people over on ca.com that havs upgraded from 05 XXX's to SI mags, and EVERY single one of them, has been like WOW, the mag sounds so much better. Just go on ca.com and ask for people who have upgraded from an 05 XXX, to a mag and you will get plenty of answers. Since that switch has been done many times, you don't even have to take my work for it. Just post and find out.

And Chauncey one again WRONG!!! It was in a daily setup! It was off a 20.1 run at .5 ohms, which is what Low-Hz reccommends for a pair of mags daily. Also, it was in a 5 cubic foot box, tuned to 35 Hz, so I don't know what you are talking about.

About a year ago a guy was hitting around 154 db's with the mag 12's in a SPL setup, so maybe that was what you were talking about. But the 152 was in the kick, on a TL, in a box tuned to 35hz, with 5 cubes net. If that isn't a daily setup I don't know what is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us