Is this true or not?

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 104
i was told that a phoenix gold xenon 600/1 could power 2 12" jl w6s. i was told that the amp could really push 800-900rms. but i was also told it could not do that.
can this amp really push 2 w6s?
thanks.

Username: Likeapuma

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 10
I would say not. That amp is rated at 600 rms at 1-4 ohms. And it's CEA 2006 compliant, which means unless it doesn't have a voltage regulator, and you can get more than 14.4 volts to it, it's gonna only put out 600. According to JL's website, the new 12w6's have an "optimum" power range of between 375 and 450, so 300 a piece may be a little low. That's my take on it anyway.

-C

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8745
that amp does not put out 800-900rms...but if u couldnt wait on a larger amp...u will be fine

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 453
i think it would work but it wouldent be giving them the power they need to really thrive

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1437
That amp will push out between 7-800 rms and they do not use a regulated power supply. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1438
Sorry more like 675-700rms, now a kicker is more underated, try looking into them..

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 105
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-ZX750-1-750-WATT-CLASS-D-SUBWOOFER-ZX-AMP-NEW-06_W0QQ itemZ150025795915QQihZ005QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
would that amp be better for them?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2720
regulated amps like the Xenons and JL slash series are harder to get more power out of.

i wouldn't get one of thoes Xenon amps, i've heard a lot of people saying they are really easy to go into protect mode and they tend to stick there and theres nothing you can do about it. warranty, you'll get it fixed, no warranty, big paper weight.

Kicker amps are nice and are underrated. the ZX series put out rated power at 2 ohms. so if you have the V2 series, i don't think that'll work well for you...they are Dual 4 ohm iirc.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 106
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIOBAHN-DUB8001-DUB-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP-800W-NEW_W0QQit emZ120024598291QQihZ002QQcategoryZ64571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
ok, how about this amp?
and thanks for answering all my questions.

Bronze Member
Username: Likeapuma

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 11
That would be better power-wise. I've read that the DUB series have quality-control problems, but I've never had experience with one personally so I don't know. One other thing is that the Audiobahn is a class A/B amp compared to the others you mentioned which I believe were both class D. Either one is fine, it just depends on what you want.

-C
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us