OT== Window Tinting

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 183
OK well I have talked to a few ppl that I know that install tint and they have told me what I have to do to do it right and tips that make it easier but I am wondering if anyone actually has tinted their own windows and how it turned out...was it easy or a lot harder than you thought because I am seriously thinking about tinting mine sometime this weekend.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 660
I messed it up real good, just got professionaly done, harder than it looks. LOL

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5078
i did my friends car once. it turned out nice. of course the window was the back window of a toyota pickup truck so it was kinda easy.

i'd get it done professionally. its not that expensive. i found a place that will tint my front sides, rear, and the two windows in the side back for $100. thats 5 windows for $100.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 47
Go to a pro. Doing your own tint sucks on so many levels. As a bonus, one you factor in all the tint that is normally wasted in botched attempts to do it yourself you actually save money going to a pro.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5642
If your windows are FLAT then it's easier, but the back and fronts are very time consuming.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4932
i wouldn't even think of doing it myself....i get frustrated easily...i would end up having to go and get like 3 more packs. lololol

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2722
Window tint gets you tickets :-)

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 679
if its too dark

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 189
Yeah....i know the tickets thing...but only if the tint is too dark...the local shop around here that tints windows wanted like 220 to tint my car all the way around...and I thought that was allittle rediculous...but my friend that works there told me how to do it and Ive seen a few ppl do it b4...I really want to but dont want it to turn out bad..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4939
_________
I-------I
I-------I
I-------I
I-------I
I-------I <----square.

^only if you are^
:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4940
it looked good before i hit "post" lol

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 969
lolol we tinted my friends car one time and the front windows are a b!tch and the back window, the one that are square are easy the rest is kinda hard.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4960
nemen!!!!!!!!

you are almost gold bro:-)

i took my first car to some shop, and i got it back and my f***** CD was all jammed in my cd player, b/c i had one of those audio covers in the dash....i will never go there again.

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 972
yea muddy:-) im ggonna post wh0re till i get to gold:-D only 30 left lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4961
............:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts