2 amps

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 670
when hooking up two amps do u need to sets of rca's or do they make one set that splits into two?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5639
Most amps will have a pass thru port for that. If yours doesn't, then get a RCA splitter.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5073
when you split the cable do you loose some power from your preout voltage?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5641
You always lose some signal when you split, but nothing that will make any impact.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4690
A Y connector sends the same signal received at the input to both of the outputs. It doesn't split the signal and send half to each output.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4691
Yeah, what Isaac said. After being 'split' about 4 times, then you'll start to notice signal degradation.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5083
the reason i asked is cause i did that once with my 2 jl 1000/1. when i split it with the y adaptor, it seemed i had to turn the gain more to match the target voltage. just a little bit more than when i had a single amp setup.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5086
btw jexx, did you try that song i told you about yesterday? my internet connection just died on my yesterday so i just went to sleep.

sorry to hijack your thread with this question jaymes but i didn't want to start another thread to ask jexx a simple question.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4696
Yeah, I got it, haven't burned it to CD yet, but from playing it on my computer system, it sounds great. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us