How can i get more out of my system ?

Username: Smmackas2004

Post Number: 4
I have 2 D912's pushed by 2 D61500.1d amps in a ported box in a cavlier and hitting 141.7 db does any one know how i can get more out of them or what i should i add? i would like to get up there in the db's

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 781
whats the box tuned to?

Post Number: 8
the box says to use a 30hz subsonic filter and its a diamond spec box . i have tryed to put the diagram of the box on here but it keeps saying its too big .if you think you can help i will send you a copy of the spec sheet on the box .

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5070
what kinda car do you have and what is your box specs?

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 518
Two D9s should be doing a lot more than that.. for a daily I'd build another box.. 4^3ft tuned to around 35hz.. Unless you have your subs wired at a higher resistance the only way to get louder would be build a new box.. and or push the subs with more power. Odds are your amp is starving for power.. h/o would help and the big three.

Post Number: 9
i have a the subs wiried at 1 ohm and it in a 2001 cavalier . spec on the box is 32inch wide 14 tall 18.5 deep. POWER i have a stinger battery under the hood one in the trunk and a five farad stinger cap . I would think that it getting enough power the cap never drops below 12.9. Here is another question on the spec sheet for the box it has for spec Fb-40hz under it has Fb-33hz whats the Fb stand for ?

Post Number: 10
oh yea not counting the alternator which is 220amp

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4951
you don't need a 5 farad cap if you have a HO alt. upgraded batt. under the hood and one in the trunk....a 1 farad cap would have been more than sufficient. lol

i am thinking your box is tuned to 33hz.

tune it to 40hz and it will be louder.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
yea its called a killer power supply cause when i put door speakers in and all that i dont have to worry about them starving for POWER. 40hz lets more of the mid and high through right ? The lower the hz the less mids and highs you have right ? all i want them to do is POUND.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4959
ummmm, no.

your mids should start no lower than say...100hz.

some 8" midbass can play down lower...but i assume you don't have 8's in the doors...more than likely you have 6.5" or below.

the higher you tune...the louder the box will be at every freq. at and above tuning.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 50
Fb is the enclosures tuning frequency. I would agree that it sounds as if it's tuned to 33Hz.

There are dozens of 6.5's that can play below 100Hz. More important that the crossover frequency is it's slope. The ONLY time I would cross over at 100Hz is if you run it at 6 or 12 dB down. I cross most woofers at 80 and below, depending on whether or not they are mounted on axis (coax or plate) or not, and on the quality of the woofer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4962
i was being general.

i understand the need for mids that can play lower when say you have a bigger sub tuned low and it has trouble going higher than say 50 or 65hz.

you should write a thread on XO tuning:-):-):-)

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 56
Even at that, in the case of my ZRs I run them down to 63Hz (24dB down) strictly because they help fill in and have awesome transient response. I will write a tuning FAQ one day when my shop is slow.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4989
thanks bob.:-O

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i have just started getting into this big stuff. Hey BOB if you can catch me online IM me cause iam confused about a few things and you sound like you know what your talking about and would like to chat with you to clear everything up on this tunning stuff. Iam c574@aol.com or maybe i can call u or you can call me to clear up my confussion . Please look me up Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us