Best subwoofer for clarity

Username: Kyptokid

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 10
Ok, I am pretty sure I am going to sell/trade off my RF T2 12's and get something more clarity oriented. I am not really to concerned with price, but more with having that good tight punchy base of an 8 but with the depth of a 12.

Current equipment:
optima redtop under the hood
Mr alternator 150A
Big three done in 1/0
JBL 140A fuse block
Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1

I have been considering the infinity VQ's does anyone have any first hand with them?

Any recommendations for other subs?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1877
nope best sub for sq its jl audio w6

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4920
alto mobile falstaff
idq
rl-p
w6
re se
dls iridium

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 298
Unless I'm completely missing the point here....we can debate all day as to which sub has the best SQ....since everyone has different hearing isn't the best SQ the one that you personally think sounds cleanest? (I mean no one can have heard every sub ever made, right?)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2266
dd 9112

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 520
ID Max .. Eclispe TI .. something I have not heard anyone say in a while.. Adire Brahma

Bronze Member
Username: 69vwvan

Indiana USA

Post Number: 53
How does that phoenix gold 1200.1 sound?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4924
the one that i think would be the cleanest....and has TC very proud is the LMS series.

like the RL-s but w/o the need for the odd amp ohm requirement and no need for a huge box.:-)

certain subs will always have more SQ than others.

the L7 will never sound as clean as an IDMAX...2 totally different goals in mind.

it is like the saying goes....you think you know what "good" is until you have heard what good "really" is. lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5080
re xxx

Gold Member

Post Number: 4929
re XXX doesn't have as good of SQ as a SE or MX....or so i have read many times.....and if that is the case.....there are a lot of subs that beat out the XXX.

just what i have read....i heard a XXX and it was MAGICAL...simply MAGICAL....so i don't see how those other subs could be any more accurate or clean....considering the motor used at the time.(i am talking about the old one)

peace class time:-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5085
i love the sound of the re xxx (the old one). after i get tired of not having a backseat in my car, i am thinking of doing a single xxx15 in the trunk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4930
i wish i would have had the money to scoop up an older 12" XXX.....those were the days huh...

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 49
Jl w6 or an Alpine type X

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5092
"i wish i would have had the money to scoop up an older 12" XXX.....those were the days huh..."

that was less than a year ago muddy. lol. but yeah i know what you mean.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4953
hahahaha. i know.

i am talking about before RE went and got mainstream balls.....

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 521
true true.. my vote still goes for the ID Max.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5002
i obsessed about one of those for about a month as well. LOL

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 528
Lol.. now its the 9500 eh?

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 470
i think for clarity and SQ the w6v2, but i mean u guys might as well finish the list of every sub ever made in this thread, i mean u already got a good start.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5125
focal has some awesome sq subs.

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 536
and the over-looked diamond.. the d3s sound pretty damn clean.. that and cadence.. they have some good SQ drivers

Bronze Member
Username: Kyptokid

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 11
First off, Thank you all for the replies. Obviously there are a good amount of options out there. Please keep in mind that I can only offer 600w per ch and I intend to run 2 12's.

"since everyone has different hearing isn't the best SQ the one that you personally think sounds cleanest? (I mean no one can have heard every sub ever made, right?)"
KKlagge you are completely right. I have been looking through a lot of different subs. The problem is, due to local, it is very hard to hear every type of sub around and see if you like the sound, so rather than just ordering blind from the internet I am trying to get a feel for the majority opinion.

MuDDy, you said something that I thought was kind of funny "....you think you know what "good" is until you have heard what good "really" is. lol" That is exactly where I am at. I have shown many kids my system and blown there mind with both clarity and the sheer amount of sealed airflow being pushed throughout my 4runner. I know how bass should sound and be produced. The fosgates I am running sound amazing, but I am trying to force that sub to be something its not and it does not agree with me. But I have had cleaner subs that can hit higher notes and produce a more flattened range (mine decimate the low tones but only hit half as hard on the higher notes).

I have peronally owned a bunch of 10's but I am very limited on 12's The only brands of 12 I have owned are MTX 9500, Eclipse TI and Now the RF T2's I am currently using. All of which have been used in well built enclosures and properly amped and wired (well with the exception of the Fosgates).

I have a very deep seated hatred for JL due to a personal issue with one of their regional managers. So sadly they are absolutely out of the running.

Here are the main few I have never heard in 12" that I am interested in:
Infinity VQ
Image Dynamics Q or Max
Diamond Audio TDX or D9
TC Sound LMS 4000
RE SE

If it is not too much trouble would you all be willing to focus on your own personal experience with an of the folloing brands. Or if any of you live in the seattle area and have or know of a set wired and ready, hit me up and we can figure out a way to meet up.

Thanks again,

-Me-

Gold Member

Post Number: 5109
the Q would be very nice. the least loudest of the bunch.

the MAx is out of production...so good luck finding one of those...i am not sure when the v.4 is supposed to come out.

i haven't heard the TDX or D9, people speak highly of them, but i can't find myself to be attracted to Diamond Audio products. lol

the TC Sounds LMS imo, is prob one of the best SQ subs on the market due to its unique voice coil.
it has -3db distortion than any of TC's other subs. to hear one of the engineer's talk about it(Kyle on ROE forum) it sounds simply magical. he says the TC series of subs is a bit louder, but they aren't nearly as clean as the LMS. besides that the LMS is a beast...and i bet it will get fairly loud.:-)

Chauncey claims and i agree, that the RE SE is a VERY good SQ sub from RE. they are right around 600wRMS too i beleive.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5110
Upload

yeah baby...:-)

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 69
You should take a look at the SI MAG, or SI BM series. The dd2500 series would also be the shiznit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5178
i own the 2500 series and can't complain.
it is very accurate and clean....from 1w to 900w:-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6471
the w6 is very nice. I am not a huge fan of the SQ of the larger XBL motor driver's, they all seem to lack in the upper HZ region. ID max is very nice aswell as IDQ. TC sounds gets a good vote from me also.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5190
larger XBL motor driver's??

you mean like the 05 XXX???

Gold Member

Post Number: 5191
or do you mean like 15's and 18's with the XBL motor technology?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us