Couple questions

Bronze Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 92
first, if i get 2 12"w6s and power them with a phoenix gold xenon 600/1 amp, will i need to buy another battery and or a new alternator? probably a dumb question but whatever.by the way, i read that my alt is 1200w, i thought it was supposed to be in amps but thats what i found.
and last, speaker-wise, i was gonna keep my stock speakers just cause i dont feel like changing them. so my question is even if i dont change my stock speakers, will the system still sound good or will it only sound good if i have better speakers?
in advance, thanks for all the help

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4907
generally.....

amplified aftermarket speakers sound 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than unamplified stock ones.

have you ever seen a stock speaker??? now i know some of them might not be half bad...but most look rather...cheap and weak.

it is like i have said a thousand times....the manufacturer isn't worried about how the stereo sounds...they are worried about whether the car blows up when it crashes and if it gets 3 stars instead of 5 on side crash test ratings. lol

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1522
and your also going to need 2 xenon 600.1 for those subs, unless that's what you meant. and you can check autozone.com and find out the size of your alt. in amps.

Bronze Member

VA USA

Post Number: 93
ctmike, i was talking with someone on the amp section and they told me that one xenon 600/1 would do me fine because they are very underrated and that they could push close to 800-900. now i dont know much about car audio so i was gonna go along with him. so i guess you diagree with that statement? let me know cause im not trying to get screwed over with a amp that does me no good.

Bronze Member

VA USA

Post Number: 94
and muddy, no i havent ever seen a stock speaker but i completly understand what your saying.

Username: Boonie20

Indpls, IN Usa

Post Number: 6
im with muddy, everyone i know who has gotten subs without geting new speakers end up complaining on how the subs drain the music when they turn it up too loud. Some of them also blame the subs for the reason why there music sounds that way. i personally would go for the new speakers and an amp to power those before i got subwoofers, u will notice a big difference between your old speakers and ur new speakers

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 104
In buying speakers should you buy all 4 or jus the front two. ive previously heard that all you need is the front two. How true is that?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1526
depends on what you like. personally i would get a nice set of comp., amp them, and maybe buy a decent set of rear speakers, nothing to expense, and run them off the hu.

Bronze Member

VA USA

Post Number: 99
ive heard that to, ive been told that if you have a small car just buy a good set of front components and run them off an amp. also i heard to get both front and back. but go in your car and set the balacne on your headunit to just the front and sit in your car and listen to it, if your like how it sounds then just get the front setup but then again think about the ppl sitting in the rear, cause it might sound a little funny with only front speakers and no rear. i personnally would get front and rear, but thats just me. hope this helped

Bronze Member

VA USA

Post Number: 100
i would do what ctmike just said

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 107
Pioneer makes some nice looking speakers. Im just going to save up and get all 4. the front and rear speakers would both be the same size right. Mine are 6x5 so i could jus get two sets of two or are the back speakers bigger or smaller. Thanks for your help.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 102
depending on your car, your speakers may vary in size from front to back.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-x6hlZXpJU1N/cgi-bin/SuperProdGroup.asp?g=399&cc=01
go there select your car type and it will tell you the sizes of your speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 25
f uck the yankees! go tigers!

Bronze Member
Username: Allstar13

Houtson, Texas

Post Number: 23
ryan shut up

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 103
haha let me point out a couple things:
tonite: ya got lucky because we're saving mariano for when we realy need him.it was a poor perfomrance by scott proctor.
today: nice hitting and nice run support.
and if you want me to, ill be more than happy to reeling off facts to you and whoever wants to hear them about how the yankees are and have been the greatest baseball organization ever and arguably the best sport franchise ever.
but hey, we'll see you in october, and one thing is for sure, the red sox will be watching us on tv win the world series for the 27th time.
f*ck the red sox.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us