Best 10's that dont need more than 400 watts to power them???

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 152
Any suggestions are welcome. I was wondering cuz I want some new subs and I love the sound quality of tens, but dont have the doe for a HO alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 293
Diamond Audio D3's can be had for $80 each if you look around....5.6" mounting depth....400rms (can handle 500 if need be though)....very clean and play low for 10's

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 153
sweet! a buddy of mine has some diamond 12's(dont know the model) but they are crazy loud. too loud for me anyhow. so 10's suit me. thanx for the info.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4028
I whould take the JL 10w6v2's

or

the JL 10w3v3's that just came out.

10w6v2 = 400rms

10w3v3 = 300rms

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 294
And spend 50% more for one JL sub than 2 Diamonds?...IMO that is a complete waste of money as I don't think you'll get any better sound quality out of the JL (and yes I've heard them more than a few times)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2711
W6v2's have almost un matched SQ.
other subs i'd look at would be ID's, IDQ's, Ascendant Audio Assassins, Sound Splinter RL-i's, Arc10....

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 156
assassins were another option i was lookin at. Yeah the JL's are way too overpriced. I dont think they sound much better than anything else ive heard, unless it was with a great amp. but my opinion i guess.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4639

quote:

And spend 50% more for one JL sub than 2 Diamonds?

If one is willing to buy used, then the JL's would be incredibly competitive. I'm growing tired of people saying JL is overpriced when one can get JL used for very cheap, especially via ebay. And because they're so popular, JL appears more often on ebay than Treo, DD, RE, ID et cetera so you have a better selection.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 159
yeah but you dont know if the jl's have been properly powered and/or abused.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4642
Cosmetic abuse is okay in my opinion as long as it still sounds good(and you get an idea for how bad it is by simply looking at the pics). Sometimes you'll get an insanely good deal if you're willing to put up with a hole in the cone or surround(which can easily be repaired) and most don't even affect sound quality! I even saw a brand new 12" Type R go for $20 shipped that worked perfectly all because the magnet had a slight crack in it. The majority of the time, however, there aren't any major cosmetic defects, if any at all!

Even if they haven't been properly powered, it's fairly obvious when you receive them, and the seller knows that, so if they don't sound good, it will be mentioned, if not, that's what negative feedback is for. Totally worth the risk.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4884
DD 1010:-)

for all you who love the N*zi:-):-)(inside joke)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us