Loud system with a little SQ

Bronze Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 80
Can someone help me decide on which subs to get? I want something that can get real loud in SPL, and still have a little SQ. Should I get two 12" MTX 9500, two RE Audio SX12, one RE MX12, or one RE MT12. I know the MT12 isn't a SQL sub, but does it have any SQ at all? Wouln't two SX12 get louder than one RE MT12 anyways? Any suggestion would be nice. If there is a better sub for the price, then let me know. I'm not famaliar with all the subs. Just the ones I listed.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 245
http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDSeries.htm

budget???

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3197
Either 2 SX's or 2 HD3's would be my pick.

W/ a given amount of power...2 SX12's should be louder than 1 MT12. IMO, the MT's SQ is alot better than an kicker L7/L5's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
My budget on two subs is probably $700. And no more than $500 if it's only one sub. Are those 12" HD3's louder than the SX12, or are they about the same?

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 246
well have u heard of the digital designs 9500

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Yea, I heard of those Digital Designs 9500 before, but dont know anything about them. Can you tell me a little about those subs?

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 247
well the DD 9500 is a hell of a sub i wish muddy were here to explain a little but more because if you know a little about that 9500 it would make explaining the HD3 alot easier

Basically the HD3 is the 9500 only it doesnt have the free flow cooling system the 95 has so it cant handle quite as much power but unless you were planning on going over 3K watts per sub it probably wont matter a whole lot

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 248
http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=1379

read that should answer alot of ?'s

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4854
a 15" HD3 should clean house.

if you are willing to wait a while....they are coming out with an 18" later this year.:-):-):-)

with the right amount of wattage....the MT would really shine....but if you are wanting to throw around 2kwRMS.....the HD3 or 2 SX's are a good choice.

HD would def be the cheapest route.

cough chad cough

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 651
do u think an ed nine.1 would be enough power for the 18" HD3?

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 251
it would work but i would get something a little more powerful at least 2000 wrms

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4887
^ what he said ^

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 374
id go with 2 nine.1's lol. on soundpressure, they say it can take 3k daily easily, there is even someone running 5k to his 10" hd3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us