Mb quarts vs. focal, ba, polk

Username: Carco_dr

Post Number: 8
Which speakers will do well in my 2002 silverado. i plan on getting an Alpine MRP-F450, 70w x 4 @ 4ohm, 100w x 4 @ 2ohm. I plan on spending $250-$350 on the components. I listen to everthing from rap, hip hop, techno, rock, pop. I also need 4 x6 speakers for the rear doors
Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1857
mb quart the mid end models are good for midbass one of the best thats why they are so great polk it hasan awesome sound in the mid end and up (my vote its for polk agains mbquart(in the popular models)) focal will be the best choice they have exellent midbass and exelent highs u cant go wrong with them even if they are the lower models also focal too oh and diamond audio

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2693
i'd scrap the rears and spend more on the front. whats the output on that amp if bridged??

basically the speakers you decide on will be whatever you hear and like the best. but for your price range you should look at Rainbow SLC's, Crystal SSCS, JL XR's, CDT HD's and MB Quart.

i don't care for Focal unless you get up to the K2P's or Utopia Be's run active with a lot of EQ-ing!! hard to tame thoes tweeters. lower stuff is pretty bad imo.

Bostons are lacking at both ends. highs are really harsh on the pro's and midbass is lacking on all models. Z6's are out of your price range i think.

Polk SR's are nice, lower stuff isn't nothing special.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us