Trade or Keep my T2 12's

Username: Kyptokid

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 6
Ok I am stuck with a delima. I am currently running two Power T2 12's that are in a sealed 3cu ft quality custom box powered by a Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1. These subs are not getting the power, porting or cu ft that they deserve.

I am trying to decide whether to:
1) buy/make a larger properly tuned/ported/cu Ft enclosure but still run them under powered
2) Trade them off for something a little lower wattage (5-600W RMS) that is more sound quality based and would pound harder/cleaner in a sealed box.

Any ideas for what kind of subs I should be looking for?

I do not really have the room for a larger box and I prefer a sealed box due to the "punch" it provides swo I think I am leaning towards option #2.

Thanks in advance

-Me-

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1181
get rid of them, they're RF. You'll find better subs out there that can do well with that amount of power and still have the output and better SQ than the RF's provide.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 683
if you want to sell your amp pm with a good price

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 7
Ok no offense you two but your replies did not help my situation much.

Alteraudiousa: why should I get rid of them? What should I replace them with? Please dont just say because they are rockford. This is one of the nicest constructed subwoofers I have ever seen. They produce deeper base than most 15's. and I put them in a properly tuned and ported box for a few weeks when I first got them and even with the unpowered amp I am using they hit harder than almost any other set of 12's I have ever heard. They are just not intended for a sealed box and they can push my amp right over the edge without breaking a sweat and still not hit the note cleanly. I just don't need ultra low with no mid/high range and unless I change to a larger box or different subs, that is what I am stuck with.

Adddisorder: Sorry ro but I am no where near interested in selling this amp.

Anyone interested in trading ther subs for mine post here. My subs are in perfect working order with one minor cosmetic flaw. One of the subs has a decent sized dent in the dust cover from where it was up against my snowboarding gear on a trip. It does not effect the sound but it isnt the most attractive. you can see it in the picture and I can get a closeup if someone is actually interested.

Please no nonsense. I am not interested in trading these for any low end subwoofers. either mid level and some $$$ or other equivalent quality subs straight across. these things are amazing for making boom!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1517
"these things are amazing for making boom!"

so why don't you just keep them since it sounds like you like them so much?

"They produce deeper base than most 15's"

no offense, but i don't think so on that one.

and what alter meant is that rf subs kinda suck. i've heard some older models that were good, but all there newer stuff aren't worth the money.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8951
IMO , i will have 2 disagree - since u already own it i say keep them !...if u were about 2 buy em i would say there r others less priced & sound as good .

i heard those T2s b4 & i like them - all u need is another same PG amp (with proper electrical upgrade) & ur good 2 go .......

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8952
bump.......

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 8
Ctmike: I am not kidding these things hit low and hard! Yes deeper base than most 15's I have owned. Problem is I much rather prefer quality and clarity over depth and decibels especially when they want 2.25cu ft per sub.

"i've heard some older models that were good, but all there newer stuff aren't worth the money" Be careful, using a definative with regards to a company like RF is unwise. Not worth the money and suck are two different things. These subs perform great, they were just overpriced when they were released. They are capable of competing with the best though so don't bad mouth them just because they are not the most affordable.

Rovin: you are exactly right. If I had another amp the same I would be in buisness. Problem is I would still need a larger box to get the clarity I want, but I am not willing to give up the space in the back of my truck.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 137
I love the battery jumper pack you have there :-) I'm guessing you like to run off the alternator?

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 138
Oh!I almost forgot the roll of @$$wipe I see there, haha.I'm guessing that's for when you play your system too long and your in the middle of nowhere and your battery jumper pack is dead?

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 9
Robert, Yes I have been known to drain a battery or two and you never know when you are going to need chains or TP = )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us