Pionner or Eclipse

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 46
Which is the best Head Unit to buy around the 250 range. So far Its 1-0 Eclipse.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4543
Pioneer.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8710
Premier

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 270
Pioneer Premier

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
want the premier but looking at the deph6800MP. Cant really spend that much right now. Have to save up for my amp. But i like pioneer better then eclipse

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2680
i'm always reading about how bad the menu system is on the Eclipse units. Pioneer units are easy to navigate. so thats something you may wanna consider, go play with some before you decide.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
This is Odd. I was looking into the pioneer Deph6800MP. Which was 230 off Circuit City. So i notice u guys keep talking about the premier so i look that up and found it for 200, the model number was like deph680Mp almost same as other model. Does this make sense.http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6308.html

Thats the Head Unit right there. Is that the good one that you guys keep talking about?

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 275
The DEH-6800MP is a regular Pioneer (2 volt preouts I believe....one year warranty)

The DEH-P680MP is a Pioneer Premier (4 volt preouts....2 year warranty)

Go with the Premier...the extra year warranty is worth the $10 you'll spend on it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Yeah im definetly going to go with the pioneer now that i found it cheaper tehn the regualer one. With the more Volts whats that do, I know its better, just not sure why. And are these things hard to install or should i get it done professionally

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 442
(i'm always reading about how bad the menu system is on the Eclipse units)

i also was reading alot about what i gess was a bad or confusing menu system in the eclipse head Units but i bought a cd4000 like a month ago and you have to be a very un inteligent person to say that menu is confusing, even the older ones my friend has and older eclipse HU i dont think its bad or confusing at all, so i think everyone should stop saying that about eclipse unless u own or have owed one. thats a huge turn down for somone lookin for a HU asking for advice online and having somone tell them that theres somthing wrong with a head unit when in reality that person that said somthing really has no idea about , there just goin off what they herd.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4604
Joseph, have you tried the new Eclipse head units? I believe that is what he is referring to.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2692
Joseph - DO NOT COPY ONLY A PIECE OF WHAT I SAID!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 451
im mean to start no conflict here. jexx i own a cd4000, and brandon i copied only part of what u said because thats all i needed to make my point . im not callin u unintelligent im callin the person that says eclipse head units have a confusing menu unintelligent. all i ask is that that people dont say somthing about eclipse head units when they dont know for sure, becuase a small down point like what was mentioned will pull somone away from buying one and thats to bad for them because they really are great head units and they are easy to use. pioneers are also great to but im just trying to make a point here without makin anyone madd or starting a problem. i know some of you here understand what im trying to say.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4613
Ah cool, didn't see that.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 213
I've got an 860 I bought as a spare but never used it. I'd ship it to you for $265.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 174
the cd4000 is this years model, at least that's what I gathered from eclipse-web.com. I guess I could be mistaken but check out the site.

Bronze Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 95
this is all garbage....eclipse headunits are top of the line in performance...the older models especially...the newer ones might have navigation problems...so what buy a remote or learn how to use it..

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 247
I think it's CRAP that they made a deal with Circuit City to sell their stuff.. part of the deal between the two parties was that Eclipse produce an extremely low-end affordable subwoofer, head unit and speaker package just for Circuit City to sell! Thus the CD1000, sw400 and just about every set of speakers Circuit City stocks.. they even made a low-end Nav unit, can't remember the model, though.

It's like, once we start to like a company for being even a little bit underground, THEY SELL OUT :@

I use to like Kicker, then Circuit City got 'em, then I like Eclipse, again Circuit City.. I liked Alpine, then they wh0red themselves to Circuit City, and now Best Buy...

Sorry, I just needed to vent.. ignore me :-)

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 248
I think it's CRAP that they made a deal with Circuit City to sell their stuff.. part of the deal between the two parties was that Eclipse produce an extremely low-end affordable subwoofer, head unit and speaker package just for Circuit City to sell! Thus the CD1000, sw4200 and just about every set of speakers Circuit City stocks.. they even made a low-end Nav unit, can't remember the model, though.

It's like, once we start to like a company for being even a little bit underground, THEY SELL OUT :@

I use to like Kicker, then Circuit City got 'em, then I like Eclipse, again Circuit City.. I liked Alpine, then they wh0red themselves to Circuit City, and now Best Buy...

Sorry, I just needed to vent.. ignore me :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 801
Krazyj

thanks for backin me up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us