I need to get this Straight lol

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 42
Ok so im at bestbuy and i point to the biggest amp and go is this 1-OHM stable and he scatches his head then says no. He goes what kind of system u have so i say 2 ten solobarics. He points at the amp and goes this is a mono amp, and then says you can only power one sub to these. So i say im pretty sure u can power two subs. Then he goes well you could but itll over heat right away.... So is it just me or does this person not have any clue what hes talkign about. Or am i the one whose been hearing false statements lol. Thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8699
he's a dumb azz

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1478
the guys a retard. never listen to or take advice from the people at best buy or circuit city.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4539
That's hilarious.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 533
heyhyehyheyhey ... i work at circuit city not nice .. lol but its true 99.9 percent of the people there have no idea whats going on ... lol one guy who worked in car audio with me told me hes getting 6 pyle 12s and wiring it up to a 2400 watt legacy four channel ... lol i almost pissed myself

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
lol i wish this kid saw this theard. He was like trying to make me feel dumb by pointing at the little tag lol.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8926
what also amazes me alot is when ppl go by MAX RATINGS trying 2 match a 1000w sub wit a 1000w amp with not even knowing wtf ohms r about -lol.......

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1484
i was even told once that the rms is something the "pro" uses when installing, peak is what the customer should look for. when at the same store a while later, the same person told me, after asking them if the jl 1000/1 amp was their biggest amp said "yeah, theres no sub that can handle more than 1000 watts by itself". i thought that was funny as hell.

Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 8
i agree that guy is retarded

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Lol thats not the first time i was asked hey Sir do you need help and i say yes and it turns out im the one giving the lessons when i dont even know much about this stuff. Guy once told me if i power two sony xplod amps to my kickers they will blow because its too much power... I was like you think 200rms to each sub is gonna make them blow lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us