Marshall white....question

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4975
i am re-porting my 6.5 box and i want to do a square port this time. i was thinking of doing 6" x 10" port. is that enough port area or should i go bigger?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3172
is the box 6.5cuft net or gross?

whats the deminsions?

usually 10-12sq inches per cuft is enough to avoid most port noise...but w/ an 18" you may want more due to the amount of air that sub can displace...12sqin per cuft would be a better port, IMO.

and remember...to find you port displacment w/ a square port, you have to factor in the total volume of the port. (including the MDF its built out of)

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 276
marshall do u build boxes and sell em??

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3178
yes

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 278
how much would u charge to build a box that is 4 cubes tuned to 35 hertz slot ported for an apx 10

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4978
its 6.5 net.

i added 2 more 4 inch aero ports so now i have 4 total. it pounds even harder. i can't stand it in my car now. i am however gonna have to build another box cause it looks ugly now. lol.

i need to know what you would recomend to get the most spl from my box. here is how it is situated.

the sub is firing up with the ports firing up. i took out the backseat and thats where the sub is. i need to gain as much db as possible. damn i need to buy a tl mic bad.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8925
with more port area & more SPL i expect SQ 2 drop noticaebly tho inside ur car but wil def sound louder overall & especially on the outside ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us