NEW Componet System???

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 160
i need some suggestions i want to spend no more than 300 dollars on one set. since i already have one set of kappas. they will be run of a alpine v-power 50x4 @4ohms rms. thanks for the advice

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4022
I whould go with these :

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/982

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
they have to 5x7's or 6x8's i know thats like the same thing but thats what they have to be.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4555
http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-XR570-CSi-5x7-6X8-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SET-NEW-05_W0QQ itemZ270021687825QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18800QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's about the best you're going to get with 5x7's and a $300 budget. If you're really crazy, you could get these: http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-ZR570-CSI-5X7-2-WAY-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SET-NEW_W0QQi temZ270022271056QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18800QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But I would prefer to put some 6.5's in the front door at that point, not to mention a better amp.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 660
alpine type R's

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4558
For his price range, Alpine's wouldn't be the ideal way to go, the JL's would sound much better.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1173
Yeah the JL's are quite nice either component or coax. I'd go with them or the Kenwood Excelon's but they're only coax. I can get you JL if you'd like.

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
thanks guys but my friend at best buy just ordered me some new Kappa's with 100 rms. and i liked my old kappas anyways. but im gonna make this set is hookd up right

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
actually. alter can you get the JL Audio ZR570-CSI 5x7 two ways? those look nice. all they any better than the infinitys... i would like a set of those. what can you get me them for???? need to know kinda quick

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
i guess i could get an adapter plate and put some 6.5's in the front? how much harder owuld that be. cause in my truck i have a factory place for the tweeter right above the reg. mount. i have an 04 f150. if the 6.5's will sound better lets go with them..!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Spidercoder

Post Number: 28
What About CDT Audio

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1177
CDT has no 5x7 they only do the normal sizes so 4x6, 5x7 and 6x8 are all out. But they are much nicer than Infinity, even the Perfects. I never cared for INfinity, major let down for me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
whatever you all think is best. if i can fit 6.5's in ill do that... but if not i think i was those jl's that i specified above. alter you think you can get those to me b4 saturday morning???

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1182
a 6x8 opening can't fit a 6.5 in there nicely, lot of work to get it in. Where you live. I can see about the JL for you.

Silver Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 132
they make adapter plates for a 6x8 to a 6.5...ill try to find the link for you

Silver Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 133
http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/home.php?cat=271

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1188
if you go with the XR or HD 6.5 I doubt that will fit as they are 6.75in drivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us