Cerwin Vega Subs

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 83
hey does anyone have the cv-vmx subs.Thinking about getting a pair and would like some opinions.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6613.html

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 642
for that price i would go with assassins

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2358
the new line of cv subs are supposed to be decent , i say try a couple

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 395
the cerwinvega will kill the assasins in SPL no doubts about it! I just bought a pair of these
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4297
anyone know if there loud?

Bronze Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio

Post Number: 94
the stroker 15 i had was loud even in the sealed box i had.. andy you port those and power them properly they will be real loud..cv recomends 1.4852 cu ft. ported to 29 Hertz 3" round 17" long for the 102, And for the 104 1.4780 cu ft. 30 Hertz 3"round 15.5"long. Those are with woofer and port displacement

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
I am gona be running the 104 off of the new orion HCCA-D5000 2 10" off of that amp. anyone think that amp can power those good enough? and kevin if you are exact on those measurements ill tell my installer to make the box to those requirements but only if you know your 100% right about what u said and should i make 1 port or 2 ports per sub?this is the amp
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4677

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 84
I had a pair of the old school 12's in a band-pass box back in the day.They were extremely loud.I figure these new ones HAVE to sound better than the kenwoods I have now.The strokers look good,but they it looks like they would take too big of a box for me to use them.

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 95
thats what cv emailed me ill forward it to you

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 96
text/htmlUpload
AT&T Yahoo! Mail - kraven-blood@sbcglobal_net.htm (24.2 k)
here it is

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 98
that amp will work it will give the subs about 1250 watts rms to each sub just make sure you have your ssf set at 30hz... if thatr upload works when you click it youll see that it tells you the dimensions of the boards to cut

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
ya that works tnx

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3528
dont sleep on the vega subs, we have 1 hooked to a 120v ac outlet at the store, with the flick of a light switch it comes to life!! :-O
shakes sh!t off the walls, we actually fried it last week, we just left the switch ON for like 2-3mins straight!! it then died, lol... but it still trys to play, it just sounds like a doorbell now... :-O

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8953
B ! /1{ - where da hell u been man ,long time no talk ........}

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6447
the v-max's are nice subs and have the ability to get nice and loud. They will desimate the assassin's.

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 85
thanks James

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4891
i heard a V-max(older with the red surround) in a 2 cube box ported to xxx(don't remember) and that thing WANGED for only 4-500wRMS on it!

Silver Member

Post Number: 400
theose ones i ordered can they actually handle 2000wattsrms i got 2 10 i was hoping to turn gain to a little past 3/4 way but not full and was hopin those subs will take it and u think 2 10's of the sttrokers i ordered willl hit 145-150db?

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
full on the new orion2500d amp i mean

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1521
shouldn't you be matching the gain with your hu? your going to clip your subs to death doing that. and didn't you say you've already blown other subs, did you do the same to those?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4899
^WORD^

find amps to suit your subs...not the other way around. you end up happier that way.:-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us