I have been running 2500++ rms to my SX, who else gonna try it?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1384
Alll right mofo's, I have been doing this for TWO WEEKS solid and without any overheating or ill effects. It has been sooo much louder with this much power that I am going to be hard pressed to put my SSX back in when it comes, seriously! So who else has a SX and a 2500 rms amp so they can try it to just to experience what I am? LOL, I know it sounds crazy but trust me, you WILL like it fo sure! Maybe you might wanna try this if you have some dude with an SSX talking sh!t saying he is gonna beat your 18" SX and stuff, you know... Polo.. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1815
dman 2.5 rms to the sx???

the max i was giving it it was 2k rms na actually it wass around 1900 rms but maybe im gonna try it,

i got some dude that has the rockford power 3k rms on 1ohm maybe ill trow 3k rms and see wat happens my i dea its to blow it so i can have a new one

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8910
now lets convince that dude with his 18" sx 2 run his 2 jl 1000/1 on his 1 sub - lol ........

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4778
there is more to it than just putting a 2500wRMS amp on it and letting it rip.

details Polo...:-)

don't you have it Reverse mounted...and you let it cool off it is hot outside...and oyu have an air duct or somthing running to it??? or is that future plans?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1386
Ya MUddy, that is future sstuff, shhhhh! For real though, it is inverted but in all actuality the two amps running at 1/2 there recommend Ohmage would suggest it is putting even more power than noted above! A strapped set of Kickers produces full power into 2 ohms, I have it at 1 ohm, the current draw is horrific, not to mention the BB I use. I made an error, I am using 6 dbs of BB and my gain is set below 1/2 but my input signal is overdriven by 2V so it evens out. I would not try this on a regular elec system! Polo. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4782
word.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 467
I almost ran a soundstream 6500 (4000wrms @ 1ohm) on my SX today at the comp but if I burped it for more than 3 seconds I'm sure I'd be sending the sub in for another recone. I just got it reconed 3 weeks ago and I don't feel like doing it again. I was very very temped to do it though.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4967
"now lets convince that dude with his 18" sx 2 run his 2 jl 1000/1 on his 1 sub - lol ..."

no can do rovin. i already sold one of my jl 1000/1 to someone locally for $500. now i am beginning to think i made a mistake of buying the orion. since my sub is dual 1 ohm i can't see all of that power. i have no choice to run it at 2 ohms to see 1700wrms.

if i bought the kx2500 then i could of ran it at 2500wrms at 2 ohms.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1391
Ya, but you can run the Orion at .5ohm, would be the same I am doing at 1ohm, mine probably flows more current. Polo..

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4968
if i run my orion at .5ohms it would give me more than 3000wrms. when i pull up behind you with that you would sh!t in your pants polo. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8914
dont worry when u get rid of that sx by next mth u will buy another wcc so 2 of them on ur single 18" SSX & ur good 2 go .........

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4969
i am thinking of doing 2 wcc on a dd 9918. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1392
For one I would be worried about the SSX line, I had already had problems. The Orion is a goodamp but it will not outflow my two Kicker Sx's. You may have me on surface area, 15 vs 18 but I think I have you beat on the enclosure, lol...Polo..:-O

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3525
lol

hey Polo when u get that SSX back throw it 5krms and call your 1800BELLTONE... lol thats for the hearing aid...

1 of the SSX 15s helped us hit 160.5 db on TL at NSPL finals last week...
we had 1 SSX, 2 MOJOd, 2 ALPINE Rs << 1 of the Rs was BADLY BLOWN, so basically 4 subs instead of 5!

at the end of the weekend the SSX was STIFF as fucked, still, still hadnt broken in... other subs were broken in... LOL
MOJOS held up good to, but the Rs....

also people need to realize u need batteries to get full power, u cant run 5krms with 1 or just 2 batteries... u will NEVER see 5krms! even with HO alternators... voltage pushes the current!

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 393
thats true extra batterys are the best way to do it but iam running the kicker2500.1 off of 1 optima yellowtop is that enough current prob not iam guessing? If i have to get another yellowtop how do i hook up 2 or 3 of them to my stock alternator and stock battery isnt that too many batteries for a battery isolater to handle?I was wanting to do it but i duno how about doing it...

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 661
could i run my orion 2500 @ .5ohms or will it fri the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 643
andy f - its not really a good idea to run deep cycle batterys if you want alot of current flow because they discharge and recharge slower then a normal lead acid battery. and it is a bad idea to run it off your stock alt. and definatly dont add more. there was a big thing in the assecories section a while ago maybe look for it.

and spd iv heard of people running it at .5 daily but they said it pulls alot of current

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1393
I agree on the extra batteries that is the reason why I haven't gone to 5K. One large battery for 2500 is fine, especially if your playing music and not testtones. B, I am afraid to put 5K daily on that sub, really.. Not because I couldn't handle the output(I am one resiliant mofo) but the fact I knocked the coil pack out of allignment with half that is not all that reasurring. I can't wait until I can figure out what I am gonna finalize with my car so I can finish it. I still have most of my interior body panels off and my trunk is full of spaghetti, you should see all of the 1/0ga wire in there! I think I am gonna have to make a flex movie, even though my interior is lined with lots of dyna but it still moves pretty good. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 394
deep cycle battery not good what am i gona do buy a cheap car battery? there not goof for the back of the trunk deep cycles can withstand the heat and rollin around in the trunk a regular one cant

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4972
polo......so how does your re sx 15 really compare to your treo ssx15? can the re sx keep up?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3167
i will be giving my SX15 ~2500-3000w very soon :-)

(ps, some one buy my amps...lol)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1394
"deep cycle battery not good what am i gona do buy a cheap car battery? there not goof for the back of the trunk deep cycles can withstand the heat and rollin around in the trunk a regular one cant"

For one, NO battery regardless if it is sealed or not should be left rolling around in the trunk! A battery left loose in a crash has enough momentum to bust through some back seats and can kill you. Also there would be a chance of a short circuit and possible explosion hazard! ALWAYS MOUNT YOUR BATTERY, PERIOD... Now with that said, there are battery cases that can be bought to be placed in the rear and will catch any spills, you can locate these at like autozone or Summit racing. Most race cars mount there batterys in the rear for weight transfer and to freeup some under hood space. As far as the temperatures, you don't think it is hotter under your hood than in your trunk? Chad, under the same power levels the sx hits really hard, maybe not as hard as the ssx BUT enough to where a good install will make the difference in which who lives/dies, lol. One thing, the Treo's SQ is off the hook, it is soooo clean sounding, SX sounds pretty good too. Polo. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 471
do a partial trade for my RE 8"s and ill kick money your way for that 35.1 :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us