IS POLK A GOOD BRAND????

Bronze Member
Username: Dodge_dylan

Missouri Usa

Post Number: 26
my friend has bought a 15" polk momo sub and a polk c500 amp and he wants 2 know if that is a good brand or is crap

Bronze Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 17
im not experienced in car audio a whole lot or nothing but ive have many 10's and i used to have a polk momo 10 and i thought it was pretty good while it lasted:-) i believe polk is a decent brand.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3205
yes. polk is decent. their momo subs get pretty dam loud too :-)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2651
they got bought out. can't remember by who, so hopefully they don't go down hill like the other companies that have been bought out reciently...

pretty good stuff though.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 128
I've had only bad experience with polk speakers/subs.My friend had 2 of the Polk/Momo subs and both blew and he wasn't even over powering them.My brother had a polk component system that he spent $200 dollars on and we were at a flea market,so for shits and giggles he bought a pair of Legacy speakers,installed them where his polks were and left them in there.The 15 dollar legacy speakers sounded better than 200 dollar polk's, so sad.I would never buy polk from my experiences.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2667
speakers can blow even if you aren't over powering them. clip the hell out of any brand, and they won't last long.

install is everything with speakers too.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 866
Ive got 4 Polk db 6x9 and am very happy with thier performance thus far. I am putting in 100wrms in to one set from a Zapco AG200, and 200wrms into the other via a Menphis PR200. They are loud and clear, even at high volumes.
The best way to compare speakers is to listen to em side by side and judge for your self.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 278
Polk makes much better home speakers than they do car speakers...only my opinion

Also...I would never buy a 15" woofer that only handles 400rms....waste of money and space...again only my opinion

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1191
Polk is on the good list

I have the MOMO component system and they sound great and deffinitly didn't blow.

I bet your friend is a dumb@$$ and turned the gain up all the way and clipped em to death.

Polk also has a component line (SR series) that is up there with all the TOP companies. Cost around $800 tho

I can't speak on behalf of their subs because I never heard them, but their speakers are good.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 32
I sell Polk's Momo and SR lines. They are both very clean sounding (although in the case of the SRs, almost too mellow) speakers. Subs can blow being under or over powered, what's more important is the distortion level of the input signal, and the gain settings. Most people do not realize that the gain on an amplifier is NOT an volume control, it is there to level match the input level. To answer Brandon Polk just got bought by DEI, although the rumor is that they are maintaining control of the company.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us