Amp for a Kicker L7

Bronze Member
Username: Hologram

Post Number: 12
I was looking into the Kicker ZX750.1 but I would have to put a 4 ohm load. I wanted to rig it at 2 ohms. So any suggestions, my price limit is around $300.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 495
is your L7 a 12 or 15 if its 15 go with 1200 kx kicker or 12 just get the 750.1 zx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
The 12, but Im going to have to wire it at 4 ohms, and will only get 350W/RMS, Im not sure if that will be enough.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I know they are underrated, so about how much power would it push out at 4 ohms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 500
is it a 06 model if it is i would see if u could trade it in for a 2 ohm 12 L7 and get that kicker 750

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3213
well, what VC configuration is it? because if you have to wire to 4 ohms it must be a 2 ohm sub.

if it is 2 ohm sub, why not wire to a 1 ohm load????????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Because the amp isnt 1 ohm stable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Also it is dual 2 ohm sub, so I can wire it at 1 ohm or at 4 ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
yea the sub can be wired to 1 ohm if the sub is a dvc 2 ohm subwoofer

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 479
basically you bought the wrong sub/amp combination. research more before buying next time. sorry.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
basically you bought the wrong sub/amp combination. research more before buying next time, or maybe try seeing if you can contact wherever you bought it from and see if they will trade you a dual 4 ohm for your dual 2 ohm. good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 859
Buy another L7 2ohm, and get a amp that does 1500 or more wrms at 2 ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
yea or juss get a kx 1200 my birthsheet says 1500 watts at 1 ohm and if u get 2 2 ohm 12 L7's wire them both down to 1 ohm then u are set

Bronze Member
Username: Xstokes88

San Antonio, Texas United states

Post Number: 95
thats what i have..2 2ohm 12" L7s and my rf x7 came last week 400 from ebay..rated at 1500 at 2ohms..but it does more..now i just have to get another car lol..

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 865
So, X, your all set. That amp will work for those. It will give each @750wrms, if that amp rating is true. Those L7 are rated for 750wrms, but they will handle almost twice that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
this was hologram's thread/issue, not X's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I havent bought the L7 yet, but I have been planning on getting one for a long time. I dont want to get 2, because I have limited space/money and getting 2 subs plus a more expensive amp is going to run me a whole lot more. But I have decided to either get a dual 4 ohm L5, or a 12" compvx also dual 4 ohm. And to power it I would get the zx750.1. How does that sound? What would be better the L5 or the compvx?

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
i would personally take the compvx because it would sound cleaner. the L5 could possibly get louder, but not sound as clean doing it. but either way, if you havent bought the sub yet your fine. just make sure when you do, you get the dual 4 ohm, wire it in parallel, and you'll have a single 2 ohm load for that amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 516
jus go on ebay or somewhere cheap and get one 12 L7

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 867
Sorry Holo, Well if your getting a "L" get the L7, or the comp vx. The L5 is the economy model. If you get a dvc 2ohm sub, get an amp that does @800-1000 wrms at 1ohm. Memphis are good for that, and they are fairly cheap. Also crossfire can do 1000@1ohm. Elevation Audio has a nice DX1000.1 for $400 that is 1100@1ohm. There is a lot more choices for amps at 1 ohm then 2. good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us